PDA

View Full Version : Springs

drive3b
08-29-2013, 07:20 AM
Is any brand of springs better than the others? I will be buying a new set this winter and plan to do some research before purchasing but also wanted to see what the thoughts were from folks on here.

MM90
08-29-2013, 07:46 AM
I like Eibach but you're probably gonna get all sorts of opinions of what everybody else likes. Not sure if there is a big difference in which ones work better, every spring company posts "propaganda" that says their springs are better than x,y,z brand. I ran AFCO for years then switched to Eibach. I like the Eibach's better because for the same size and type of spring they were about 1-2 lbs lighter than the AFCO.

Also Eibach springs are all $54.99 no matter the size unlike AFCO.

ask0329
08-29-2013, 12:50 PM
I've started using the Black Magic Springs by Southwest Speed. From what i've been told they hold thier retention as good as any of the off brands and are pretty close to Afco's. They are definately cheaper cost wise. I have one brand new one on the car and one for a pullbar spring on the shelf. No issues yet.

JustAddDirt
08-29-2013, 02:11 PM
Eibach hands down

speedbuggy
08-29-2013, 02:33 PM
I see a lot of posts about "this brand is as good as that brand" etc. but the only one I consistently see folks saying is BETTER than the others (and they can give good reasons why) is Eibach.

I'm thinking any springs I buy in the future will be Eibach.

CsR41
08-29-2013, 03:03 PM
How is Eibach's warranty Compared to Afco?

zeroracing
08-29-2013, 03:37 PM
I like eibach or hypercoil, in a modified would go with eibach due to availability, they are light typically also. Every yellow spring I have had looses height and seems to be less responsive. Never had an eibach or hypercoil go bad.
Never seen integra or swift up close to judge.

Lizardracing
08-29-2013, 04:42 PM
Used Afcos in my opinion. Why? well, the "settling" has occurred and won't change anymore like new ones will. I rate them, mark them, and Afco's have all been closer than other brands in consistency. Afcos are are about 15-20 less than what its marked for but others are a little more " all over the map". Non I've tested are perfect though. The best part is you can get used all day long for little to no money.

Modlitefan0
08-29-2013, 11:28 PM
We have nothing but bad luck with Eibachs. We bought one brand new in July this year and within about 5 nights we replaced it. Our driver swears by both Integra and Afcos, but will only run Eibachs if that is what they have for sale at the track and we dont have any of the others in our cabinet.

Kevin05
08-31-2013, 10:19 AM
I have Interga DLC on everything I own.. guaranteed to be within 2% of height for life.. and the Barrel design allows for a lot more travel before coil bind.. they are a little more but well worth the cost.
The Wizard

backspace
08-31-2013, 01:03 PM
Anything that is "close" to Afco's,,I wouldn't want nothing to do with....Get a 1300# Afco and rate it,,see what you get,,You will be surprised and then you will switch brands I bet,,,Eibach's have treated me more than right with any issues I have had,,and all same price,,not like the overpriced yellow ones.

RACEMAN
08-31-2013, 01:19 PM
No matter which way you go, check them out of the box, record the info, and then keep checking them frequently to see what changes are occurring. On our pavement cars it's a little more critical to keep track of the changes that are happening with the springs and act accordingly.