PDA

View Full Version : Front Leaf Spring Mount

dereksehi
09-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Wondering if anyone has tried afco's pivoting front mount on chrysler leafs right now I am just using the stock rubber mount and wanted to know if there would be a noticeable difference between the two or if using the solid aluminum mount would be better than both?

RZ64SS
10-10-2013, 11:59 AM
I use the afco ball mounts on my car. It frees up the rear and and will allow a little bit more rear steer and roll through the comer better. I was told by someone long ago that if you are not using the ball mount in the front press the rubber bushing out and just have the bolt float in the front eye of the spring. I ran it this way for a while until my landrum spring was wore out because the afco ball mount doesn't fit in the landrum spring. Good luck

RZ64SS
10-10-2013, 12:11 PM
I use the afco ball mounts on my car. It frees up the rear and and will allow a little bit more rear steer and roll through the comer better. I was told by someone long ago that if you are not using the ball mount in the front press the rubber bushing out and just have the bolt float in the front eye of the spring. I ran it this way for a while until my landrum spring was wore out because the afco ball mount doesn't fit in the landrum spring. Good luck

setup479point2
10-10-2013, 08:05 PM
Have used em for years , like the freedom of rotation in the rear. Somewhere around 50 wins with them. Keep them lubed and they will last for years (had one car we had the same ones for 8 yrs. ) .As above poster states , Will not fit in Landrum springs , Landrum says you shouldn't use em' and since they don't work in their springs it makes sense for them to say that. If you use Afco springs use em' , for Landrum I have used poly bushings , and have 13 wins with them.

leadfoot_35
10-24-2013, 11:56 AM
On my leaf spring mod we used Landrum springs and we pressed the rubber bushings out and made our own solid bushings. We tried aluminum at first but its too soft and then we tried bronze bushings. Never tried anything after the bronze bushings. Seemed to work really well. On the left rear we didn't want to lose anything with the rubber or a pivot bearing. We kept the left rear spring as solid as we could in front of the rear end.

RZ64SS
11-05-2013, 10:41 AM
While we are on the leaf spring kick, has any one used Hyperco Composite springs? vs using Afco or landrum leaf springs. Are they worth the money? Do they work better?