PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Curl Back 2 Back for $10,000 at FALS & Spoon River American Modified Series

JCR12
09-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Sept 4th - http://www.curlracing.com - The storybook season continues in 2013. After wrapping up the Fairbury Speedway track championship last week, big money was on the line as the American Modified Series rolled into Farmer City, Fairbury, and Spoon River.

Friday night at Farmer City, I qualified 3rd in my group, won my heat and finished 4th in the feature on a racetrack that took hard rubber and destroyed everyone's tires. I thought the car was good, but I wanted to manage the tires and finish the race as many drivers were not able to finish the 35 laps.

Saturday at Fairbury, expectations were high coming off the good finish at Farmer City. I qualified 3rd again in my group and won my heat. Starting 5th in the feature, I was able to work the middle and low groove early. I found a sweet spot in the middle of turns 1 and 2 and took the lead from Matt Mevert on lap 12 holding everyone off the rest of the 40 lap event to take home $5000 and my first American Modified Series win.

Sunday at Spoon River is where the weekend became a dream. I again qualified 3rd in my group and won my heat. Starting 6th, it took me longer to get to the front, but I was able to sneak around Matt Mevert on the high side while in lap traffic and held off Jeff Leka for my 2nd $5000 to win American Modified Series win in as many days.

Although I seem to get all the glory, I can't thank my Dad, Shiffy, Kerry, and Jack enough for all their hard work. We have a great team that includes all my fine sponsors. Thank you Angus Valley, Pro-Tire & Automotive, Chatsworth Ag Service, Pontiac RV, The Law Office of William Gerber, Fehr Real Estate, Leman Paint Works, Roach Construction, Rigsby Motorsports, Winterland Farms, Longhorn Smokehouse, DMI Technology Group, Grandma & Grandpa Wharton, Petersen Chevrolet Dodge, Aftershock Racing Decals, Mom, J&M Construction, Faithful Friends, The RV Mattress Company, Zymroz Energy LLC, Friedman Racing Engines, Lowery Painting, Augie, Dyers Top Rods, NitroPlate, Vallow Speed & Performance, Bell Helmets, Action Suspension, R2C Performance Filters, Bob Pierce Race Cars, Ace Motorsports, Landrum Springs, MechanixWear, Hinchman Racewear, Fel-Pro, Base Fuels, and VSP Racewear.

Follow me on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/JeffCurlRacing

TowMan1
09-06-2013, 05:25 PM
You had an awesome weekend man! Sunday you ran perfect through the whole event. Holding off Jeff Leka in traffic had to be a challenge! It sure looked like it was in from the grandstands