PDA

View Full Version : Bert second generation

bigk44
09-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Running a Bert 2nd Gen. Car would not go in 1st (low) gear. pulled out found a broken bearing. also looks like thust washers (liitle black plastic tabs) are wore. Where is a good place for parts? also thinking of new transmission for next year. What are some recomendations. Only thing I like about the 2nd gen is no clutch. Does any other brand offer clutchless trans? Current trans is the short one 19" would like to keep the same length. Also its a non ball spline.

Thanks

JustAddDirt
09-09-2013, 07:33 AM
allstar performance can get parts for them.
I had to put the plastic thrusts in mine as well over the winter. mine is now not wanting to go into low gear again. I suspect the thrusts are out again.
gotta watch the thrust tabs, cause the chain can wear into the case if left like that.

Brinn Transmissions
09-13-2013, 12:47 PM
The Brinn Predator will be ready for next season. No plastic wear pads....

bigk44
09-14-2013, 06:06 AM
The Brinn Predator will be ready for next season. No plastic wear pads....

Do you have anymore info you can send me?
kbaker@cosma.com

Thanks,
Kevin

Brinn Transmissions
09-16-2013, 08:25 AM
We are just finishing up a full year of testing. We have information on our facebook page, but nothing printed yet. I'll be getting the drawings updated this week getting started on production parts. Then the marketing portion will begin. I will post information as it becomes available on our Face Book page and website.

JustAddDirt
09-17-2013, 09:26 AM
boy would I have loved to be on that development team!!!

lazermod3
09-24-2013, 01:38 PM
We are just finishing up a full year of testing. We have information on our facebook page, but nothing printed yet. I'll be getting the drawings updated this week getting started on production parts. Then the marketing portion will begin. I will post information as it becomes available on our Face Book page and website.

Who did the so called testing,and did he or she win any big races?

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-24-2013, 03:26 PM
Who did the so called testing,and did he or she win any big races?

What would wins have to do with a durability study?

fastford
09-24-2013, 06:24 PM
What would wins have to do with a durability study?

because if he or she has won a race , then there will be one in that warrior as soon as there available....lol

lazermod3
09-24-2013, 06:45 PM
because if he or she has won a race , then there will be one in that warrior as soon as there available....lol

What Warrior?

fastford
09-25-2013, 09:15 PM
i misunderstood , i thought by you advertising warriors web site you were a warrior fan, my bad

Brinn Transmissions
09-26-2013, 09:26 AM
We are mainly durability testing, however, one of the cars running it is Jeep Van Wormer and he won the 1st of the "25's" at Eldora.