PDA

View Full Version : 3 link question

slim269
09-08-2013, 02:00 PM
I am putting new rear axle brackets on my rear axle. my question is there a rule of thumb on the angle from the chassis pivot point to the rear axle pivot point. do both trailing arms have to be same angle. the angel I am talking about is if you were looking from top of rear axle down. Chassis pivot point is inside rear axle pivot point but is there an advantage to more or less angle. thanks need help

kwagner
09-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Are you talking about the trailing arms being crooked? like pointing towards the middle of the car? All trailing arms should be completely straight.

CsR41
09-09-2013, 07:07 PM
Toe-in or toe-out on the trailing arms changes how the car reacts dynamically. If you don't understand how it works I would just set them straight for now.

speedbuggy
09-09-2013, 07:54 PM
This is complicated...calculating sines of angles, thrust vectors, etc. Get a book or.... just set them angled slightly toward the front (like 5 degrees forward) and move on.

Lizardracing
09-10-2013, 04:27 PM
Another good place to start is with them straight ahead when the car is under full load. Slight toe in while at curb height is ok too.

slim269
09-11-2013, 07:37 AM
Another good place to start is with them straight ahead when the car is under full load. Slight toe in while at curb height is ok too.thanks for help i put them in with a 2 degree toe in