PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Beard Wins CCSDS Title with NEA Speedway Triumph

Ben Shelton
09-11-2013, 09:52 AM
For Immediate Release
September 11th, 2013

Kyle Beard Wins CCSDS Championship with NEA Speedway Triumph

Mercer, Tennessee (09/11/13) – Kyle Beard had a career outing in front of many of his friends and family on Saturday night at his home track, Northeast Arkansas Speedway (Harrisburg, Arkansas) as he piloted his #86 Greg's Sawmill/Gary Beard Trucking/Bob Pierce/Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model to the $2,500 feature win, and along the way he clinched his first COMP Cams Super Dirt Series (CCSDS) Super Late Model title.

Twenty-four entries registered for competition, and Kyle started his night by winning his heat race from the 3rd starting spot to lock into the 2nd starting position for the 35 lap finale alongside pole sitter, Billy Moyer Jr. As the race went green it was 3rd starting Dane Dacus, who shot to the lead with Moyer Jr. and Beard in tow. Kyle inherited the 2nd spot during a lap 13 caution when Moyer Jr. retired with overheating problems. The next six laps found Beard pressuring Dacus for the lead before he finally overtook him on lap 20. Once out front Beard never looked back on his way to his 4th victory of the season.

Even better his win allowed him to clinch his first CCSDS title, even though two events still remain on the season!

"To win this race and the championship in the same night is truly special," an elated Beard said in victory lane. "I can't thank the Upton family and my family enough for their amazing support. I've wanted this championship for several years now, and to finally get it is just an incredible feeling."

Ashley Newman also enjoyed a solid performance as a 6th to 3rd run in his heat race locked him into the 8th starting spot for the 35 lap finale. Newman would go on to race his way to a 6th place finish behind race winner, Beard, Dane Dacus, Clay Fisher, Brandon Smith, and Wendell Wallace.

While Beard has clinched the series title Newman continues to lead the Kuntz & Co. Rookie of the Year standings and is third in the latest overall standings. Full results from the event and the latest standings are available at www.COMPDirt.com .

Upton Motorsports will enter a single event this weekend as the team travels to I-30 Speedway (Little Rock, Arkansas) this Saturday, September 14th for a $2,500-to-win event with the COMP Cams Super Dirt Series at the 1/4 mile oval. For more information on the event please visit www.COMPDirt.com .

Upton Motorsports would like to thank all of their sponsors including Greg's Sawmill, 45 Race Shop, Best One Tire & Service, Gary Beard Trucking, Indian Ridge Lumber Co., Bob Pierce Race Cars, Schoenfeld Headers, Real Racing Wheels, Ace Sign Company, Team 5 Enterprise, JFR Graphics, ASC, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Upton Motorsports, please visit www.UptonMotorsports.com and www.KyleBeard86.com .