PDA

View Full Version : Mark Whitener Races to $4k Victory in Scott Thompson Memorial at East Bay

Ben Shelton
09-11-2013, 10:10 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 11th, 2013

Mark Whitener Races to $4,000 Victory in Thompson Memorial at East Bay

Middleburg, Florida (09/11/13) - Mark Whitener piloted his #58 Big Frog Motorsports/Dave's Towing/B&B Produce to the $4,000 victory in the 7th Annual Scott Thompson Memorial on Saturday night at East Bay Raceway Park (Gibsonton, Florida), which marked his second straight triumph in the event.

Thirty Super Late Models entered the program, and Mark started the evening by winning his heat race to move onto the redraw for the 50 lap feature, where he was the recipient of the 3rd starting spot.

Early in the main event great racing reigned supreme throughout the field as two and three battled were found abundantly. Whitener raced in the 3rd spot for the first half of the event, but as the race approached the halfway point he shot past leader, Doug Horton to take the top spot. Once out front he never looked back on his way to the victory, which came over Horton, Kyle Bronson, Keith Nosbisch, and Devin Dixon. The victory was his tenth of the 2013 season!

“I knew Scott (Thompson), and we raced together so this means a great deal to me for me to be able to win this race back to back,” Whitener stated in victory lane. “It takes a team effort to win this race and to make it here in victory lane. I have to thank Mark Rey for making the right call on the tires because if it was me I would have guessed wrong.”
Full results are available at www.EastBayRacewayPark.com .

Whitener will look to conquer another event in his home state this weekend as he heads to Volusia Speedway Park (Barberville, Florida) for the Rumble in the Swamp. The $3,000-to-win, National Late Model Series sanctioned program will be held at the 1/2 mile, gumbo oval. For more information on the event, please visit www.VSPDirtRacing.com/ .

Big Frog Motorsports would like to thank their principal and associate sponsors including Dave's Towing, B&B Produce, Big Frog Shocks, Big Frog Signs and Graphics, FK Rod Ends, Schaeffers Oil, Racecar Engineering, Sunoco Race Fuels, Koury Racing Engines, Custom Racing Engines, Ohlins Shocks, American Race Tire, Barry Wright Race Cars, Daytona Sensors LLC, Schoenfeld Headers, COMP Cams, AR Bodies, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest team news and updates on Big Frog Motorsports please visit www.BigFrogMotorsports.com .

AdelleWilliam
09-12-2013, 03:27 AM
not bad to deal up. the charges are pretty decent enough to glance upon, i loved it a lot