PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Van Wormer Wins Twin 25 Leading into World 100; Berlin Next!

DelphComm
09-12-2013, 09:55 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

September 11, 2013

Jeep Van Wormer Wins Twin 25 Leading into World 100; Berlin Next!

(PINCONNING, MICHIGAN) Jeep Van Wormer and his #55 team made the journey to the hallowed Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio from September 5-7 for the 43rd edition of the fabled 'World 100.' The expanded three-day weekend kicked off with a pair of $5,000 to win Twin 25s. On Thursday night, Jeep won his heat race in preliminary action and later scored his third feature win of the 2013 racing season. Jeep grabbed the lead early in the 25-lapper and drove to the $5,000 triumph over Bub McCool, Tim McCreadie, Darrell Lanigan, and Matt Miller. At the "Big E" on Friday evening, the Pinconning, Michigan ace once again won his heat race prior to winding up third in the 25-lap main event behind only victor Tim McCreadie and runner-up Gregg Satterlee.

The tension ratcheted up in a big way on Saturday, as a $46,000 top prize was up for grabs in the 'World 100.' Jeep unfortunately hit the turn two wall during his heat race, which led to a disappointing fourteenth place finish. After making extensive repairs to the #55, Jeep received a provisional for having one of the best combined finishes from Thursday and Friday's prelims. He started the 100-lap crown jewel event from the outside of the sixteenth row, passed some cars early in the race, but later retired after only 21 circuits on his way to a thirtieth place performance. Complete results from the 'World 100' weekend can be found online at www.eldoraspeedway.com.

“I had a great car all weekend – probably the best I have had at Eldora in a number of years – and I can’t thank my crew enough for all of their hard work,” stated Van Wormer earlier this week. “We got the win on Thursday night and I honestly feel like I had another car capable of winning on Friday as well (before finishing third). Then on Saturday, I just tried to make something happen in the heat race and didn’t quite have enough room to pull it off. I should have been more patient because it ultimately took away a great opportunity to run well in the World 100. We will go through everything thoroughly at the shop over the next week or so and get things ready for Berlin!”

Following Eldora, the Iron Motorsports team plans to take the upcoming September 13-14 weekend off from Dirt Late Model competition. Jeep’s next scheduled event will be the 2nd Annual Keyser Manufacturing ‘Down & Dirty 100’ at the Berlin Raceway in Marne, Michigan on September 20-21. The two-day World of Outlaws Late Model Series extravaganza will start on Friday with qualifying and heat races, while the action at the dirt-covered asphalt speedplant will culminate with the consolation events and $20,000 to win A-Main on Saturday. Additional information on the 100-lapper at Berlin can be viewed by pointing your web browser to www.woolms.com.

The Iron Motorsports team thanks the following sponsors for their continued and unwavering support: Bayline Fire Protection, Services on Site, Van Wormer Management, Rocket Chassis, Jay D1ckens Racing Engines, ACPT, Allstar Performance, Bell Racing, Beyea Headers, Brinn, Inc., BSB Manufacturing, Bulldog Rear Ends, Delph Communications, Dyer’s Top Rods, Eibach Springs, Exide Technologies, Fine Line Window Tinting, Goodridge Hose & Fittings, Hoosier Racing Tire, Howe Racing Enterprises, J.C. Dubil, Joe Gibbs Driven Racing Oil, Joe's Racing Products, K-B Carburetors, Keyser’s Port City Racing, KRC Power Steering, Lane Automotive, Oakley, Outerwears, Penske Shocks, Peterson Fluid Systems, R2C Performance, Ringers Gloves, Scott Performance Wire, Sweet Mfg., VP Racing Fuels, Wehrs Machine & Racing Products, Weld Wheels, Wilwood Engineering, and Wrisco.

To learn more about the Iron Motorsports team, log onto their home on the web located at www.jeepvanwormer.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com