PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Pierce Modified

7uptruckracer
09-12-2013, 10:14 AM
2005 Pierce car, Just converted it from Z-link to 4 Link, It has 3 hole brackets with the 4 links on birdcages.. Straight Bar, with a progressive pull spring what looks to be a 90/10. It seems to have the coil spring on clamp mounts both in front of the rear end with the shocks behind. It has provisions for spring on top on the RR. It also has what I'd call a lift arm with some kind of very large 6th biscut type setup but its very large in diameter. I was thinking that it doesn't need the lift arm the 90/10 and the Pull bar. It also has a 750 LF 600 RF 200LR and 175 RR and 225lbs bite I turned and turned on the bolts and came down from 400 but i'm not so sure there isn't some kind of bind in the top links and lift arm deals. Whats the correct arrangement for this car

Renegade Cust Susp
09-12-2013, 07:22 PM
The lift bar should do nothing but hold pinion angle many many races have been won using all three items together correctly. I would definitely recommend putting the RR spring on top of the rear end.

bob75
09-12-2013, 08:05 PM
and z link it (right rear) these cars are designed to run on the z-link.

thinkstomuch
09-13-2013, 06:50 AM
Running the z link on the right rear tightens the car up getting in I think? from what i've seen the cars are just to tight at that point - so whats the advantage of z link rr? just curious

7uptruckracer
09-13-2013, 06:56 AM
That's why I'm taking it off this is a tight track. Im debating the straight bar vs Jbar. Thoughts? In resetting the front end tonight. It has the 22 gallon cell so I'm struggling for rear weight. Ill probably put RR on top to take the effect of axle wrap out. 600 LF 700 RF 225 LR and 175 or 200 RR 75lbs bite around 54.5 left and ill see about rear it's only like 55% now :(. I don't like straight bars to erratic so I'm really thinking of the jbar.

thinkstomuch
09-13-2013, 07:54 AM
i would think the heavy LR & RF springs would do a number to free it up - but the J-bar i've tried both and personally don't notice a big difference. jmo

ump29
09-13-2013, 08:30 AM
I am running a j-bar now on mine, i personal like it,, it calms the car down and makes it easier to drive in traffic.. helped me run more consistent lap times...

7uptruckracer
09-13-2013, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the input I called Pierce too and got some input. I'm going Jbar tomorrow and see how it reacts the driver is somewhat new and I feel it will be more consistent and forgiving for him. I'll let yall know what I ended up with what I changed through the night and how it turned out!

anissa5
09-14-2013, 10:01 AM
Is this car clamped or spring behind on lr also what did pierce say about the j-bar

thinkstomuch
09-14-2013, 10:08 AM
FYI - ran mine back to z link rr from 4 bar. both cars were tight but the 4 bar felt tight pushing the rf the z link was tight on the rr and i could drive it harder to make it work. now that i look at it i am very curious why the rr zlink is better because it sure felt it

7uptruckracer
09-15-2013, 10:37 AM
Okay guys the night went pretty well the car handled good and respond to changes I ended up with 55% left side 57% rear and 75 pounds of bite it's a right rear on top car with the left front clamp set up. I did not have the right left front upper control arm so we'll deal with that this week but I ended up with a 650 pound left front spring a 650 pound right front spring 200 right rear ended 225 left rear the J bar was around 19 inches and 4 inches of rake it seem to be a lot smoother to the driver anyway the way I handle he just needs some seat time with it in a little bit of motor Once I get the right control arm on it and get the front and geometry a little bit better that should really pick up but I appreciate the help guys is my first time working on a modified. I use the four link instead of the Z link because I needed the extra roll steer it's a tight Highbank race track

thinkstomuch
09-18-2013, 03:48 PM
4 bar on right side in theory should help roll steer? Moves the right rear further back - problem I had was the RR on 4 bar not letting that side roll and instead picking up the right side similar to the left. What would cause this? Made the car tight so I moved bar up even more and naturally it didn't actually help (might wanna watch for this - whatever this is)

anissa5
09-18-2013, 06:37 PM
Drop right upper 4-bar and lower the bottom bar also that may help

7uptruckracer
09-19-2013, 07:06 AM
Yeah I started this car (3 hole brackets) Both lowers all the way up, top bars LUB all the way up, RUB all the way down. As the track blew off I lowered the RLB one hole to the middle, Changed the LR shock to something more suited for the slick traditionally more compression less rebound, but this was a package similar to the EDGE package so I dont know exact numbers. You could also run a RR chain in accompaniment to the LR chain to Limit RUB angle gain and further tighten your car on exit. This car was good driver just needs some seat time with it and some HP and down the road we will probably also lengthen his RS bars so we can keep the drive as well as keep the car turning. The Pierce cars seem to be a good product if done right should keep up with the Shaws which are pretty good right now!