PDA

View Full Version : Pull bar location on rear end

twisterf5
09-16-2013, 08:00 AM
now this is on a late model but it is built like a OWM and can't seem to get any info on the late model page so maybe some one here can help. i read a page talking about centering the pull bar and what weight it puts on the tires.this car is loose off i moved the pull bar 1 inch to the left for feature and it was worse.so i just measured the pull bar left to right and it is 4 inches to the left off center. could the pull bar that far over make a car loose off.
a fifth are is mounted to the right side of the bell about 5/6 inches off center. it lifts not pulls so i am not sure if it is loading the right side more.because of the way a quick change is made do you think moving the pull bar all the way to the right would help. i know this is a lot to take in and ask but just can't find any info on this. thanks for any help.

charcoal01
09-16-2013, 10:23 AM
Something to think about is the effect of weight distribution on the rear tires and its effect on traction. you are heavily favoring the lr with the pull bar, which in a sense allows the lr to get more weight transfer. If the lr is getting more weight it is probably taking weight away from the rr. Depending on track turn radius, corner exit side bite can be almost as important as drive off the lr tire as far as making forward bite is concerned.

What I'm trying to get at is you may be loose because you're unhooking the rr tie in an attempt to drive harder off the lr, to tighten corner exit. Change nothing, center your pull bar up over the rear end. See if it makes a difference.