PDA

View Full Version : Clip car questions

DMR29
09-16-2013, 02:26 PM
Have a BWRC with camaro clip has four link with 5th arm. the car is very tight almost undriveable also is 2800# on 8" american racer tires with a 2brl motor. was thinking of going to a 2link with pull bar any help with this would be great. New to this car and kind of lost.

dirt2
09-16-2013, 03:19 PM
Check your PM info there.
dirt2

DMR29
10-04-2013, 08:37 AM
First dirt2 thanks for the reply,but pm did not go through.After some thinking good or bad to anyone out there is there any reason that you would want a four link on a car like this that weighs 2800# with 8"american racer with a restricted motor like 440-480 hp.my question is are we over thinking this thing and would a good 2-link that is more driveable week in and out carry the momentum? Just looking at sport mods and how well they go with the package they have.Would just like to have some of your guys opinion on this just see if I am nuts or looking the right way.We all know that this stuff is all a big circle what was fast years ago is still fast today ,but it is all monkey see monkey do thanks for looking at this.

Dirtrunner35
10-04-2013, 09:13 AM
First dirt2 thanks for the reply,but pm did not go through.After some thinking good or bad to anyone out there is there any reason that you would want a four link on a car like this that weighs 2800# with 8"american racer with a restricted motor like 440-480 hp.my question is are we over thinking this thing and would a good 2-link that is more driveable week in and out carry the momentum? Just looking at sport mods and how well they go with the package they have.Would just like to have some of your guys opinion on this just see if I am nuts or looking the right way.We all know that this stuff is all a big circle what was fast years ago is still fast today ,but it is all monkey see monkey do thanks for looking at this.

4 bar on the right would free it it up on entry and exit

DMR29
10-04-2013, 04:26 PM
I agree,but you can also overdrive the right rear and have a bad push also. Just kind of thinking about the old dirtworks and also grt cars that had a swingarm two link basic but simple and fast I don't think it is just flashy enough for today or maybe I am just set in back in the day too much?

Dirtrunner35
10-06-2013, 01:44 PM
I agree,but you can also overdrive the right rear and have a bad push also. Just kind of thinking about the old dirtworks and also grt cars that had a swingarm two link basic but simple and fast I don't think it is just flashy enough for today or maybe I am just set in back in the day too much?

What do you mean ,you can also overdrive the right rear and have a bad push also

DMR29
10-06-2013, 04:08 PM
I had a time when went too far on rr bars and spring trying to free it up and basicly overdrove the rear

DANNY
10-07-2013, 07:40 PM
I had that, sucked...

RaceTechKs
10-08-2013, 01:19 AM
Are you limited on your rear as far as shock and spring placement ? How about bar length left and right ?We had a Camaro Stub and Mastersbult rear, we ran it on 3-link and a bisket bar. We built a mount for the left rear that bolted in the lower mount. It moved the mounting point back about 10 inches and we added more holes higher on that mount so we could raise that bar angle quit a bit, and ran a 16 inch bar left and a 26 inch bar right. We set the springs on sliders and made mounts so we could move the springs and shocks on the front or rear of the diff/asm. We won a lot of races with hat car and the forward and side bite was very good. With those mounts set they way they were it really let us tune on the rear of that car............So yea put it on 3-link and you will be fine, and there's a lot less you can do to just dial yourself out at the track...

dirt2
10-09-2013, 03:51 PM
Check your PM now.
dirt2