PDA

View Full Version : Scaling my first Modified

hobby28
09-17-2013, 08:15 PM
I have raced hobby stocks for years and have them figured out, just trying to help a friend. The car is an old chassis, with a chevelle stub, 2 link with panhard bar behind the rearend and mounted to the left side of the chassis. With no driver in the car it has 53.5 left side 55 rear, and 51 cross with 110 lbs of bite. My driver weighs 280 lbs and I have always scaled my cars with the driver weight in the seat, but when I do that the left side goes up to 55.7 and it hold 180 lbs more on the Left Front then the Right Front. The more I mess with the weight jacks the more it gets screwed up. The original problem was that the car has no forward drive and has been spinning out in the center of the corner, no warning just comes unhooked. Springs LF 750 RF 600 200 across the back, and I have switched the fronts and have RF 750 and LF 600. What is the method for starting from scratch with a modified.

washeduptoo
09-17-2013, 10:05 PM
Set your ride hts first and then adjust the wts jack until you get what you want. If you need less lr bite, take the same amount of turns out of lr,rf and then add the same amount of turns to the rr and lf until you get what you need.
That's 750 is a heavy rf spring for a chevelle clip

MM90
09-18-2013, 01:07 PM
Without messing with the ride heights to much this is how you adjust bite. Now this is for adding bite so do the opposite to take it away. LF -1 turn RF +1 turn LR +2-1/2 turns RR -2-1/2 turns. I would say with a driver that heavy you would want to set it up with him or the weight in the car. Get your ride heights set first. I would go 650 LF 600 RF to start and 225 LR 200 RR. Get your panhard bar set with him in the car too.