PDA

View Full Version : All done for the chance to qualify for WORLD Championships!!

FASTRAKPR
09-23-2013, 02:26 PM
All done for the chance to qualify for the 2013 FASTRAK WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP/WORLD CHALLENGE Weekend!!

**FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE** September 23rd, 2013 FASTRAK PR

(Carnesville, Georgia) – This past Sunday was it. That was the deadline for teams from across the nation to get in enough events to come to the “World’s Largest Crate Late Model Points Championship”. A list of drivers with their races will be out in a couple of days to let everyone know if they made it or not. “I cannot believe the phone calls that have come in the office” said Jessica Coronet administrative assistant. “It’s been crazy around here for a month.” stated Brian Haynes. “The phone is ringing off the hook as teams are traveling all over the place trying to make sure they have enough races to qualify to come to the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP weekend. This new format that was started last year has certainly proven to be the right one. From everything I’ve heard last year’s Championship was the best ever in the 10 year history of the series”.

“I guess we do it a little different.” said Stan Lester of the series. “We are one of if not the only series in the country to protect its drivers at the CHAMPIONSHIP EVENT. You have to be a member, you have to qualify by having enough events and if you don’t, you don’t get to come and steal our member’s money by winning the race. It’s the only fair way I know to do things”.

With over 627 teams participating in the FASTRAK dirt late model crate engine series sponsored by City Chevrolet, the 2013 event will no doubt match the best Championship event and probably make it better if that’s even possible. “Anyone that didn’t see last year’s event has no idea what these cars are capable of” stated Kelley Carlton race director. “As much as I love super late model racing, I have to admit this was one of if not the best race of any kind last year. Anytime you see dirt late models five wide it’s something to talk about”.

Last year’s 2012 event boasted 186 entries in a two day period of racing. There were 21 heat races, 9 B mains and 4 feature events. “It was wild”, said Joe Jackson” promoter of Beckley Motorsports Park. “I had asked previously how many cars they expected for the Thursday night practice and Stan said probably 30-35. When I stopped counting it was 83 and I’m not sure how many came in after that as I was too busy trying to find somewhere for everyone to park”.

“I challenge people to come watch this event.” said Billie Jo Jackson. “I’ve heard so many people say something about not watching crate cars. Well you come see this event and you’ll change your mind if you are any kind of real race fan. This is some of the best racing on the planet”.

A list will be up in the next couple of days with the names of the drivers qualified for the 2013 FASTRAK WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP/WORLD CHALLENGE WEEKEND. The race will take place on Thursday, Friday and Saturday October 3rd, 4th, 5th.

Thursday open practice then the NEW King of the Hill $1000 to win, winner take all event.
Friday: “FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS” with (2) feature events (TOPLESS FASTRAK Late Models)
Saturday: WORLD CHALLENGE – Non Qualifiers feature event – WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

Stay tuned to www.fastrakracing.com and/or www.fastrakne.com as well as the FASTRAK Racing Series Fan Page on Facebook and/or follow @FASTRAK_Racing on Twitter to get up to the minute news and details as they become available.

FASTRAK Companies International would like to thank all of its marketing partners for their great and continuing support. Those 2013 FASTRAK sponsors include: Hoosier Race Tires, VP Racing Fuel, City Chevrolet, Chevrolet Performance, TNT Race Cars, Rocket Chassis, High Velocity Heads and RockAuto.com to our line-up of product sponsors. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor of the Premier Pro Late Model Series in the Country please contact Stan Lester at the FASTRAK Corporate Office at (678) 935-7304 or Brian Haynes at (706) 340-4781.