PDA

View Full Version : Chris Brown Wins Again in U.S. National Dirt Track Championship

Ben Shelton
09-24-2013, 04:44 PM
For Immediate Release
September 24th, 2013

Chris Brown Wins Again in U.S. National Dirt Track Championship

Spring, Texas (09/24/13) – Chris Brown took part in the Port-A-Cool U.S. National Dirt Track Championship over the weekend, which saw 91 entries register for battle in the $3,000-to-win event at the state-of-the-art facility, and he came away with the big win for the second year in a row in his #21 Delta Flange & Manufacturing/Lone Star Hydro & Maintenance/Hughes Open Wheel Modified!

After seeing Friday night's program washed away by rain the program was consolidated into a single program on Saturday. Brown started his outing by charging from his 10th starting spot to a 2nd place finish. Via his heat race performance Chris locked into the 3rd starting spot in the A-main qualifier, and he advanced to a 2nd place finish to lock into the middle-front-row starting spot for the finale between Shane Hebert and Troy Taylor.

As the feature went green with the field lined up three wide, Brown bolted to the lead and never looked back on his way to the victory, which marked his second straight in the event and came over Jake O'Neil, Corey Babbitt, William Gould, and Phillip Houston. The victory was his third of the 2013 season!

“I really knew I had to get the jump on the start to make life a lot easier,” Brown said. “The race track had a lot of character tonight so it would make it a lot easier if I was out in front determining where I would need to go instead of having somebody else determine it for me. Anytime you’re starting three-wide, it can be pretty treacherous so that was another reason I wanted to get out of there as fast as I could.”

Full results from the race are available at www.TexasMotorSpeedway.com .

This weekend, September 26th-28th, Brown tentatively plans to travel to Lone Star Speedway (Kilgore, Texas) for the inaugural Armadillo Nationals, which will post a $10,000 top prize. Action begins on Thursday and Friday evening with preliminary events, while consolation events and the 50 lap finale being held on Saturday night. For more information on the event, please visit www.LoneStarSpeedway.com .

Chris Brown would like to thank all of his sponsors including Delta Flange & Manufacturing, Lone Star Hydro & Maintenance, Motul, Hoosier Racing Tires, VP Racing Fuels, Team Zero by Bloomquist, Eibach Springs, JRI Shocks, Smiley's Racing Products, Quarter Master, Bell, Simpson Race Products, Mason Racin' Inc., Ralo's Lube & Auto, Tiger Rear Ends, Roush Yates Racing Engines, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

Chris Brown is always looking for new sponsors and marketing partners. For more information on joining the team, please visit www.ChrisBrown21.com .

For the latest information on Chris Brown, please visit www.ChrisBrown21.com .