PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Bushing on Limiter Chains

Fraley Racing Ent.
09-25-2013, 01:48 PM
I have Limiter Chains on both my Right Rear and Left Rear of my Lazer Chassis by Bernheisel. I have both chains mounted solid on chassis and rear end and im thinking of putting rubber bushings on them does any one notice much of a difference between having them mounted with rubber or soild? I have always run them solid...

Racer96m
09-26-2013, 12:48 AM
I have my chain on a rubber bump stop. Less shock in the suspension is always going to be better if you ask me.

Dave

LKissinger8
09-26-2013, 01:32 PM
Only time I wouldn't run one is if you were a clamp car. The rubber has some give to it and it wouldn't be hard to over index a clamp car. Jmo

sideways
09-26-2013, 03:33 PM
Only time I wouldn't run one is if you were a clamp car. The rubber has some give to it and it wouldn't be hard to over index a clamp car. Jmo

Intresting.

JR. MECHANIC
10-05-2013, 03:54 PM

Just curious, what does it matter it matter if the spring is clamped in front or on the birdcage behind?

Fraley Racing Ent.
10-13-2013, 04:52 PM
yes that is strange.... can you explain that one to me?

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-14-2013, 11:40 AM

I also find this strange. Geometry that would encourage over-index would be more beneficial on a lr behind deal than a clamp car, IMO. Birdcage index has no impact on wheel rate with a clamp car. All that matters is steer and thrust angle.

LKissinger8
10-14-2013, 06:47 PM
what im getting at is that the rubber bushing is goin to have some give when the car is on the chain. clamp cars are very sensitive to over indexing if you go over a set bar angle. so say your car has 43 degrees lr upper bar and on the chain and you have a rubber limiter, you hit a hole or the car hops up on the bars fast that rubber will have some give so you may have 45 degrees upper bar angle and if youre on that edge of over indexing already you just went over and the birdcage is over indexed.

JR. MECHANIC
10-14-2013, 08:35 PM
Clamp cars aren't anymore sensitive to over indexing than a spring behind car. If the suspension is close to over indexing, adding a biscuit could push it over the edge no matter what. Spring location has relatively zero effect on birdcage indexing. Think about it.

JustAddDirt
10-15-2013, 01:19 PM
clamp cars are hard on chains and shocks due to the clamp rolling into spring, which is a bit more violent than a spring behind, if you have to get on and of throttle.
in my experience clamp cars do not need the upper and lower LR bar angles a spring behind car does, due to the rotation forces of rear end on spring, and the lift applied to chassis.
But with a spring behind car, you typically have to keep car on bars to keep traction.
Clamp cars general speaking do not have to stay on bars, and when let down on corner entry, when throttle is applied, it typically reacts very fast and tops out quickly. a rubber biscuit would aid in the initial hit of a chain.
Just have to watch how much biscuit compresses, to know how much to compensate with in the length of chain.

Just my 2 cents