PDA

View Full Version : rocket panhard bar

1fast1
09-30-2013, 08:30 PM
Can anyone tell me the split on the panhard bar on a black ft end rocket? Panhard bar is set at 8 1/4 on ls

7uptruckracer
10-01-2013, 08:17 AM
Thats a decent starting place they run them anywhere from there to around 9 1/2 and anywhere from bottom to three holes up on pinion side you run anywhere from 8-10 inches of rake in most situations

bob62
11-15-2013, 04:44 PM
Is it important to maintain side to side measurement when making panhard bar changes on 4 bar car.Or would you move your rear axle asm if the track slicks off.

Matt49
11-16-2013, 05:43 AM
Is it important to maintain side to side measurement when making panhard bar changes on 4 bar car.Or would you move your rear axle asm if the track slicks off.

It depends on what you're trying to accomplish. If you have a radiused tumbler, it shouldn't be moving the axle much at all when you adjust j-bar height. If it's moving the axle left as you raise the j-bar on the frame (as it would with a straight up and down slider) then you need to be sure to understand that those two changes both tighten the car and it's also important to understand what the change is doing to your corner weights.

bob62
11-17-2013, 12:27 AM
Thanks Matt, so for the average racer you would just keep the side to side measurement when moving up on the chassis and adjust bar angles to help tighten.

zeke23z
11-17-2013, 02:53 AM
Why are you moving phardbar?

bob62
11-17-2013, 04:41 AM
When track slicks off during night I move the panhard up on the chassis from 8 3/4 to around 9 1/2".
But I haven't been maintaining side to side due to having a standard adjuster, car feels hard to drive early in a feature but gets better as race goes on. What other things can I adjust to get better side bit and forward drive in the slick if I don't touch the panhard Zeke23z?

7uptruckracer
11-17-2013, 08:34 AM
Shocks and birdcage index leave the jbar alone

keeks
11-17-2013, 07:36 PM
So 7up, you would recommend finding a nice neutral jbar setting and work bars and shocks?

7uptruckracer
11-17-2013, 08:00 PM
I'm saying that's a big swing through out a night, it's probably making up for something else and jbar really effects entry to the middle you cant really make an adjustment that helps sidebite and forward drive it's normally one or the other your going to help in most cases. Always keep your lateral location if your making a change or you end up making quite a few changes (bar toe, weights, rear end tracking, shock angle, as well as your jbar rake change. You could instead of changing out rake change your whole height and keep your trade depending on where you are. I think my black front ends stay around 8 3/4" and 2nd the 3rd hole up on pinion. If you give a lot more detail the black front end can really be fast in the slick that's a car that has a lot of drive