PDA

View Full Version : Frame Identification

B-mod Rookie39
10-02-2013, 09:54 PM
I got a wissota B-Mod and I can't figure what stub it has. Car works good the steering is just not lined up right for bump steer and my drag link does not sit level. We thought it was a impala but I put impala steering part's on it and still not right. The top hole for the steering box is at the top of the frame horn which is different from my my uncle car which is a chevelle stub. Any ideas??

HEAVY DUTY
10-03-2013, 08:46 AM
If it is a small metric stub, it will have an indention stamped into the side rails. If it is a small metric, you will need a metric or 85 Camaro drag link

B-mod Rookie39
10-04-2013, 05:07 PM
I looked at the frame there is no indention stamp on it. I'm starting to wonder if it could be a cutlass frame or a caprice frame. It is a big frame its not small like a metric stub.

usafracer
10-05-2013, 01:41 AM
Cutlas is a small metric. It could be a caprice or impala. Post a picture of the frame rails and front. There is always the chance its a crown vic or an LTD also.

powerslide
10-05-2013, 10:38 AM
I looked at the frame there is no indention stamp on it. I'm starting to wonder if it could be a cutlass frame or a caprice frame. It is a big frame its not small like a metric stub.

Not sure if this is going to work... Look like this? Might have to copy and paste it into another window, says it was too large to attach as a photo

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/78-79-pontiac-trans-an-firebird-chevy-camaro-front-sub-frame-70-81-f41-f-41-/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ=/z/hUwAAOxy77hSGjjV/$(KGrHqMOKowFIJ0SD(EnBSGjjUu7Wg~~60_57.JPG

B-mod Rookie39
10-22-2013, 07:20 AM
Here is some pictures sorry been really busy with work

JustAddDirt
10-23-2013, 09:31 AM
early 70's monte carlo

similar to a Chevelle, but one tell-tell is the gentle arc of the perimeter frame rails behind the front wheel. (gives more wheel clearance when back steering.)

suspension parts, and geometry I believe to be the same as a Chevelle, steering parts may be different though.