PDA

View Full Version : 2014 rayburn 4 bar.....

jsw444
10-04-2013, 10:06 PM
underslung or over rail.... and why...... buying a new chassis ......can get them either way....

zeroracing
10-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Probably not going to get much response since only a few of the "new" car exist, probably just call cj and see what they recommend and why.

jsw444
10-06-2013, 02:43 PM
asked them already they said its preference......

zeroracing
10-06-2013, 02:48 PM
Over rail= more room to work
Under = typically stronger

sideways
10-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Under rail is better in every way. There will be people disagree and that's okay. Most of your honest chassis builders will tell you they have had more wins with under rail. Here is why, the chassis acts as a spring, under rail takes the rear spring out of the chassis putting more drive in the car. When the chassis is stiffer the chassis is not acting as a spring. If the car is over rail when the LR spring is loading the chassis, the chassis is flexing as it pushes on the RF slowing bite in LR. Most chassis builders had rather build Over rail cause it's cheaper and easier on them, but if it was mine under rail no questions asked. It's good for the front to flex bad for the rear. Plus I believe there a safer option. My opinion.

jsw444
10-15-2013, 07:24 PM
under rail has been ordered.....thanks for the replies.....

fastford
10-16-2013, 09:39 AM
Under rail is better in every way. There will be people disagree and that's okay. Most of your honest chassis builders will tell you they have had more wins with under rail. Here is why, the chassis acts as a spring, under rail takes the rear spring out of the chassis putting more drive in the car. When the chassis is stiffer the chassis is not acting as a spring. If the car is over rail when the LR spring is loading the chassis, the chassis is flexing as it pushes on the RF slowing bite in LR. Most chassis builders had rather build Over rail cause it's cheaper and easier on them, but if it was mine under rail no questions asked. It's good for the front to flex bad for the rear. Plus I believe there a safer option. My opinion.

i agree , i have seen several chassis with the under rail that could be bolted on and off and they had welded them solid