PDA

View Full Version : Sunflower Showdown Fri.-Late Models-Mods-Heats B-mains-Video

metroracer#4
10-05-2013, 12:46 AM
With a large and ominous cloud almost overhead Friday night the Sunflower Showdown went on as planned until their was eminent danger close to the track with 60 mile an hour winds and rain within a short distance of the track plus lighting close by also.

Nonetheless working our motto of, when others seem to stop the Cheese Works is their slugging it out with the racers and fans until the very end we present the evening races until the winds blew, the rain came, and I sat in the pit shack and ate a tenderloin waiting for traffic to clear so I could go home and edit video.

I would check Lakeside's web site or USMTS's web site but I think the plan is if they can race Saturday they will run both makeup a-mains and the regular race program planned for Saturday with a 30 minute earlier start time. Just depends on how much rain they get, have not heard anything about races being run Sunday but I do not think that will happen with Kansas Speedway running. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5ol_CjxVog