PDA

View Full Version : Barry Wright

hall99
10-09-2013, 08:34 AM
Considering making a chassis change, been in Mastersbilt cars for the last 12 years anyone have any good feedback on Barry Wright cars... like handling characteristics, response to changes well etc...?

thanks for any insight

7uptruckracer
10-09-2013, 09:40 AM
Only get the newer or older cars nothing 08-11 in that area maybe someone else can be more specific but heard bad things about a short range of years the new stuff is great though. Mastersbilt is hot this year too maybe just consider updating!!!

hall99
10-09-2013, 10:25 AM
Yes I have updated my Mastersbilt stuff through the years probably 7-8 cars total currently in Gen X... nothing wrong with them just thinking about trying something different.

7uptruckracer
10-09-2013, 10:36 AM
I know Chris Ferguison is running really well in his new BWRC they are few and far between in the VA NC area but most run really well. The 2013 Swartz is a good car too thats really starting to get hot

hucktyson
10-09-2013, 02:22 PM
I can't imagine there's anything it does worse than a gen x

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Only get the newer or older cars nothing 08-11 in that area maybe someone else can be more specific but heard bad things about a short range of years the new stuff is great though. Mastersbilt is hot this year too maybe just consider updating!!!

I believe it is just 2010 and 2011 that are suspect. I have seen some real fast ones older and newer.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-09-2013, 07:19 PM
I can't imagine there's anything it does worse than a gen x

lotta hate for a proven car

dukeyyyyy
10-10-2013, 01:04 AM
I've heard nothing but good out of the new ones. I gotta friend trying to sell his 2013 for a good price. PM me if your interested

7uptruckracer
10-10-2013, 07:09 AM
Yeah I know the brand new ones 12-13 are fantastic if you go to RacingJunk and look you see newish ones for sale those are the bad ones lol

MacNoodle
10-10-2013, 07:32 PM
What's the problem with the chassis that aren't any good? Why are they bad? Is it that no one is running well with them or is there reasoning behind it?

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-11-2013, 07:15 AM
What's the problem with the chassis that aren't any good? Why are they bad? Is it that no one is running well with them or is there reasoning behind it?

I helped a team that had one. Very inconsistent. Fellow competitors had the same issue. I don't know what was different.

tsmock
10-18-2013, 04:16 PM
There are a few versions of 2010 cars. I'm guessing they experimented with a few things when JD started driving for Barry. I have a 2011 and it has always been very consistent and fast, it did get better when we updated the right front and 5th coil mount to 2012 specs. The only times the car didn't run up front were driver error or something stupid we missed on setup. I've had 3 Mastersbilts, two smack and one Gen X and they were great, consistent cars too.. but I have won more races in the BW than I did the other 3 combined. I wouldn't be afraid of any 2011 or newer BWRC. You can tell they are one of the newer ones by the guard in front of the driver, newer ones go all the way across. Only reason I am selling my car is i'm getting out of racing, I don't see a reason to upgrade it to a newer one, haven't been enough changes.

Dragoon55
11-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Considering making a chassis change, been in Mastersbilt cars for the last 12 years anyone have any good feedback on Barry Wright cars... like handling characteristics, response to changes well etc...? thanks for any insight I personally liked the 03'-05' BWRC cars the best and they tend to be tighter but awesome forward drive and side splitting side bite. 06'-07' BWRC got the raised RS frame rail and first design adjustable front end. No experience with 08'-Present, but guys like Rambo kept running there 05's thru 08' and kept winning. Not sure what issue was in the 09'-11' range, they won races but lots of guys unloaded them. I had heard a rumor the 10' was too flexible of chassis and inconsistent, but don't know this for sure. Somewhere in this time I had heard Barry hired some cup engineers to help redesign the front end geometry too.