PDA

View Full Version : Impala Clip/ Lower Control Arms

7uptruckracer
10-14-2013, 08:03 AM
I have an Impala Clip with some modded control arms. The mounts are stock location so what control arms will fit this. Nova, Chevelle, Camaro, Impala (obviously), and which is best to use. The car has messed up geometry and clearance issues with the arms at our 4" ride height (asphalt) with a shorter ball joint stud. I can use any arms tubular or stock etc they just have to be same left to right or dang close. Someone built this car to run on bump stop and BBSS and that just doesn't work so going back to something more conventional, but hard to do when everythings been hacked and moved

JustAddDirt
10-14-2013, 11:00 AM
ford crown vic.
will also make wider

7uptruckracer
10-14-2013, 11:09 AM
Yeah I see HOWE used the Ford lowers. which are 18" ours are the fords but they have moved the pins so its like 18 3/4 and puts us over our width rule. I need to something about that and redo the horrendous geometry. Does anyone make this in a tubular?

JustAddDirt
10-14-2013, 02:48 PM
Lightning Chassis makes a tubular Ford lower.
606 878 7223

7uptruckracer
10-14-2013, 05:06 PM
Thanks! Now what would be the point of say the Ford RF and the Camaro LF? I saw a few doing this.

JustAddDirt
10-15-2013, 07:42 AM
RF would be about 1" longer than the LF.
Camaro and late 70's early 80's Impala are the same a-arm if I remember right.

7uptruckracer
10-15-2013, 08:23 AM
What is that trying to accomplish by doing that. If you know do most run wheelbase straight up(not rear trail) like No LF or RF leading

JustAddDirt
10-15-2013, 12:25 PM
I should clarify that it would make car's width wider, not wheelbase longer.
would actually shorten right side wheelbase 5/8-3/4.
So if clip is turned a bit, it might straighten it up wheelbase wise

might be a good idea to call Brian Ruhlman, at Ruhlman Race Cars.
He has knowledge on what you are playing with, and what it does to the wheelbases
I think he is running an Impala clip car now, but not sure what a-arms are on it.
he is a smart feller on front end geometry

7uptruckracer
10-15-2013, 01:07 PM
Well this is asphalt Howe car it has big Chevy on it I think now maybe big ford but we have to run same lower left and right so if I do both the same it should be a wash. I knew what you meant jus adding another question lol I do plan to call him I know he makes a nice tubular arm that has extra clearance which I need. Thanks for you input it's always hard trying to
Figure out someone else's work!