PDA

View Full Version : Need help!!!!!!!

hockey3266
10-21-2013, 08:07 AM
I am having a constant miss in the motor but i dont think its the motor..... I believe it eletrical or fuel issues........whats happening is i would go onto the track and the 1st time i pick up the gas i have great throttle response and great pull and once i go into the corner or get around 6000 rpms i have no throttle responce and the motor just breaks up when i get on the gas and starts missing and i try and put it back in netrual and clear it out and it sounds like it does by no throttle response when i get on the gas.....in the pits when we give it gas we can hear a contant miss...i have reaplced msd, coil, carb, distributer, cleaned fuel filter, clean fuel tank vent, even ran a hose straight from the fuel pump into a jug of fuel to see it might be a fuel line still same issue.....im on a reverse mount kse pump....someone help me out please...if you need more info just ask and ill answer what ever you need

7uptruckracer
10-21-2013, 08:55 AM
Hvae you checked the pump rod, float level, and carb vent?

hockey3266
10-21-2013, 08:56 AM
put on 2 differnt carbs same issue

7uptruckracer
10-21-2013, 10:03 AM
Check fuel pump rod the tips can mushroom. and running under load fuel psi. Whats base timing and total timing

hasben
10-21-2013, 12:58 PM
check your fuel pressure.

hockey3266
10-21-2013, 01:16 PM
Checked already at idle 1-3 under load 6-10

7uptruckracer
10-21-2013, 01:21 PM
Does it drop as your accelerating? or hold steady? Pull that fuel pump rod out and check the tip

7uptruckracer
10-21-2013, 01:23 PM
I dunno why yours fluctuates that much. What regulates your pressure?

autoshop
10-21-2013, 01:31 PM
might check or replace the battery, had on short out from the vibration one with same kind of problems

hockey3266
10-21-2013, 01:44 PM
7up im on reverse mount kse no rod and the pill regualtes the pressure

7uptruckracer
10-21-2013, 01:48 PM
Yeah I picked up the KSE deal about 2 mins ago when I was looking sorry. I've seen alot of guys post issues with that pump. Best most these guys will tell you is check for spill over while cornering, make sure the jets aren't sucking air(use extensions) and install something to monitor fuel psi as your running and the problem surfaces.

hockey3266
10-21-2013, 01:51 PM
tried 2 differnt carbs and i know 1 of them works cuz we unbloted off one motor and bolted it on mine and same problem was still occuring and its not only in the corner its down the straight aways also.

7uptruckracer
10-21-2013, 02:26 PM
That's strange. You've checked the fuel pickup in the tank, all your wiring (hopefully no crimped connectors) your battery Surface and Load Volts, your valve lash, springs, and cam to make sure no lobes are messed up, and your timing? If you have a gauge and its acting up I'm assuming you have good psi to rule out fuel? That only leaves motor and ignition system. what drives the pump the cam or trans?

hockey3266
10-21-2013, 02:35 PM
pick up tube is good dont think its a motor issue becuz theres no miss at idle only under load.....and trans drives the pump...only thing we havent change is ignition wiring harness and battery...so those are next...then we will start checking all the wires to the tach, ignition switch, on and off switch, etc.... we had 3 smart people looking at this at the track and we still coudnlt figure it out!!!!

7uptruckracer
10-21-2013, 02:39 PM
So many motors run as crisp as a new dollar bill at idle but we don't race at idle. I've had many carbs run great in the shop and even free rev and fall on their ass on the track with the wrong intake jetting and cam or timing unless its on your motor even if it runs well on another don't rule anything out. Check your plugs, your wires, your wiring connections into the distributor all that, and a battery can act that way I've even had a Kill switch issue do that.

hockey3266
10-21-2013, 02:44 PM
yeah ive had 3 people tell me its eletrical so im hoping...now the problem is trying to find out the eletrical problem lol

oldtrackchamp4x
10-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Had the same issue and found a plug wire had a very small cut in it. When i found the bad wire you could see where it had been arching on a metal bracket. JMO

TALON75
10-21-2013, 08:19 PM
Try jiggling all your wires while the motor is running to find the one that is causing the problem . We just had a two day show and one of our buddies was having the same problem you are describing, didn't find it till the second day, it was the wiring too the pick up on the distributor(he had a crank trigger also), a zip tie was a bit too tight and had cut into the wire making it open intermittently .