PDA

View Full Version : metric front suspension

grydergeyer26
10-28-2013, 11:37 PM
i am new to metric cars so this what i read on here u run nova lowers but on opposite sides
u run longer ball joints and notch frame for travel and run a camaro center link
now my question is can i run a camaro spindle and do i have to reem it any

i can run tubular uppers so would stock mount be better or use a mod bracket

the car is to be ran as a pure stock my shock n the front must be n stock location

any help would be appreciated kinda lost and were to start

ToddSmith16
10-29-2013, 12:57 PM
your asking the cheaters to give up secrets here...LOL!

koltveitracing67
10-30-2013, 01:46 PM
If your new keep things simple to start with. Use stock metric spindle and lower, tubular uppers, long upper ball joint. If you can use swedge tubes for your tie rods, use them and shim to get optimal angle in them. Next drill two holes one inch below where your tubular uppers mount.In other words lower your upper a frame at the frame one inch, this will raise your roll center.......This should get you in the ball park.Good luck

grydergeyer26
10-30-2013, 09:57 PM
i am just new to metrics i know i ran camaro spindles on my chevelle so i was going to the same thing just with nova lower

setup479point2
10-30-2013, 11:49 PM
If your rules have engine position in relation to upper ball joint , nova lowers move lower bj forward about 1" , which means upper bj is farther forward. So engine gets moved forward or you need to move your lower mounts back. I like the nova lowers because they give you more room . I run new caprice LF and metric RF spindles with spindle saver on RF. There is alot of work to get everything right , I use a computer program to figure everything. As suggested above you may want to keep it simple for now.

Racer96m
10-31-2013, 09:02 AM
Ill suggest this. Stock metric lowers (Fit better, better spring location), stock length balljoints. Camaro spindles (much stronger and taller to raise the roll center) that way you dont have to run tall ball joints that are more prone to bend than the stock length. You may have to ream the spindle depending on the taper of ball joint you use. Forget the camaro center link, run the stock metric. If you can run tube uppers get the shortest one you can get for the RF and the longest one you can get for the LF. If you can alter the upper mounts, cut off the stock ones and use the flat plate mounts. Mount them parallel to the centerline of the chassis. With chassis at ride height mount the A arm mounts with 1/8" of antidive (Front hole higher than back) Standard Camber (-4RF +2LF) and caster (2 Deg Split). If you want a wider front track width, use 2" offset wheels and you can always use a 1" wheel spacer where needed. This will provide a very driveable front end setup, now you can concentrate on your driving. Just my .02

Dave

grydergeyer26
10-31-2013, 12:05 PM
so i want run metric lower so i dont have to move the motor forward correct

so i am gonna run the camaro spindles cuse i have them with stock length ball joints correct for the geomitry
so do i have to move the idler arm and pitman arm