PDA

View Full Version : Booper Bare Banks "Monster Dirt Madness" $10,000 for Price Team

prodirtcar32
10-31-2013, 07:03 PM
For Immediate Release:
November 1, 2013

Booper Bare turns guest appearance behind the wheel into a Monster Dirt Madness $10,000 win.

For most all of 2013, Rockbridge Baths Virginia’s Booper Bare has spent racing weekends as a crew chief and mentor for his son Tyler. The younger Bare participated in his inaugural season as a driver, carrying on the family tradition that is three generations and six decades into the making. After ten wins and a track championship in Tyler’s rookie campaign, it was time for Booper to shake the rust off get back behind the wheel. Scheduled to drive the Lauren Price owned, MJ Price Construction/Clary’s Used Cars sponsored MBH #00, the team headed south to Brinkleyville, North Carolina to compete in the inaugural running of the Monster Dirt Madness at Clary’s Speedway. The 60 lap feature for Steel Block Late Models paid $10,000 to the winner.

What transpired on a very cold weekend was a clean sweep against some of the best teams in the area. On Friday, the night started off with Bare setting fast time over thirty-eight other competitors. Later, the Virginia veteran went out and followed up his fast time by winning his competitive heat race. When the sun came up on Saturday, the team made all the proper adjustments and Bare led the feature wire to wire, opening up a straight away lead at some points. The caution flag flew numerous times over the second half of the race closing up the competition for the restarts. The Randy Clary power plant never stumbled as Booper was able to turn back all challenges and race to the $10,000 victory.

“It was really fun this past weekend” said Booper when reached by phone at his race shop. “Not just winning but to get back behind the wheel in such a competitive car. The car was almost perfect all weekend. Huey (Wilcoxon) meet up with us down there for practice on Thursday and stayed all weekend. It was probably the most consistent car I have ever been in. The car just drove great and Huey gave me great hand signals during the race so I knew just how hard to push it. Lauren and her team provided me with such great equipment and it was an honor to drive for them. Randy’s (Clary) engine was outstanding, even with the extreme cold temperatures. He really gets a lot of horsepower out of his engines and I wouldn’t be afraid to run it up against any aluminum super motor. The staff at the speedway really did an outstanding job putting on an event for fans of all ages. It was not just a race, they turned it into something special and you rarely see that from promoters in this day and age. All and all it was a great weekend; I got to drive for great friends at a track I have had success at. The only down side was the cold temperatures as the Ring of Fire certainly did not fit the weather” stated Bare with a laugh.

Plans are in the works to race the Ultimate sanctioned show yet this year at County Line Speedway on November 15th & 16th.

The Price/Clary team would like to thank all of its sponsors:
Williams Motorsports, Clary’s Used Cars, MJ Price Construction, Sharky’s Oyster Bar, 3 Aces Speed Shop, Temples Body Shop, CJ Used Auto parts, Fox Mini Storage, Randy Clary Engines & Mastersbilt Gen H by Huey.

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media

Mike Donald
10-31-2013, 07:15 PM
check out the Booper Bare Victory Lane interview at www.ontrackwithmike.com