PDA

View Full Version : Masterbuilt ??????

LM90
11-02-2013, 06:06 PM
Gen-X verses Smackdown, What is the differences? Which is preferred and Why?
I Know nothing about Masterbuilts looking for some feedback, have a chance to buy one and need to know what to look for and ask, Thanks

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-03-2013, 08:20 AM
What if I told you there was also a car that was half of each? They are all good cars as long as it is still a good, straight car. I am sure there are certain situations where each is preferred, but I am unsure of those specifics.

LM90
11-03-2013, 09:00 AM
Not surprised, but you din't tell me the differences?

LITE-INN
11-03-2013, 09:47 AM
this might help http://www.dirtracingforum.com/showthread.php/12362-In-the-Super-Dry-Slick-What-Year-of-Black-Front-Rockets-Were-the-Best-GRT-s-amp-M

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-03-2013, 10:27 AM
Not surprised, but you din't tell me the differences?

I can't tell you anything that isn't on a spec sheet. We still run Smackdowns. The Gen X has a longer lr axle. It has a narrower spring base in the rear. It has an elevated rack plate that requires a center-pull rack. Spindles, birdcages, etc are different as a result of these and other changes.

06Tireman
11-03-2013, 06:32 PM
MasterSbilt_Racer...The car you are referring to is a Gen-H.. GenX front clip with a Smack rear clip... Have a 2 sitting in the shop... Good cars.. fight a little bit of a tightness issue entering turn.. But really good cars... Huey Wilcoxon is the man behind them... Cars are built out at MasterSbilt