PDA

View Full Version : Building wedge into frame?

pure 17
11-07-2013, 04:21 PM
I'm building a new pure stock and wondering if I should bend the frame to build wedge into the car before I start putting the cage in? rules do not allow spring spacers or weight jacks.Has anyone done this? How did it end up working out? How far did you bend it?Any advice would help greatly. thanks

Drake Racing
11-07-2013, 10:21 PM
put frame on 4 equal height stands, then raise lf and rr another 3/4 inch. Frame will now rock
corner to corner, either tie rf and lr down or pile weight on each corner till frame is touching
all 4 stands again, then weld cage in, this will give u a good start on wedge.

Curt Drake
#55x

DANNY
11-07-2013, 11:52 PM
Don't forget the old 2x4 under the Rf :)

Racer96m
11-08-2013, 10:40 PM
Ill have to agree, I dont think I would bend the frame. To easy to get whatever wedge you want by other means.

Dave

RaceMentally
12-02-2013, 03:58 AM
I'm building a new pure stock and wondering if I should bend the frame to build wedge into the car before I start putting the cage in? rules do not allow spring spacers or weight jacks.Has anyone done this? How did it end up working out? How far did you bend it?Any advice would help greatly. thanksFind a stock heavier spring. There are many out there. Spring rubbers allowed??? Stock bump stops raised works great. Also a SWAY BAR!!! Light springs in front 350-500 with sway bar 1 1/4" and you can put it anywhere. Also you will be playing with lf sway bar adjustments. Meaning dry you will untie lf sway bar and tacky it's equal both sides. Just do it!Message me

dirt fox
04-30-2014, 11:34 PM
I would like to kno more about doing this too