PDA

View Full Version : Trailing arm mount

shorthand72
11-12-2013, 07:10 AM
Has anyone ever moved or fabricated an adjustable trailing arm mount for the frame side of the car specifically the left rear?

backspace
11-13-2013, 10:18 AM
Now why would anyone do that? That would be cheating,,,,I never done it be I have seen a lot of it done,,,and we outrun everyone who done it with ours in stock location,,,just sayin'

hot
11-13-2013, 10:53 PM
yes and it works better than lowering on rear end measure between top of rear end housing bottom of frame rail when car is on ground then take a measurement from front of rear end housing to hole where lower control arm bolt goes threw frame to locate rear end forward and back. take springs out then resset to ride height on jack stands.once all measures correct take front of of lr control arm off chassis.will need to trim top of stock bracket to make bracket easy to weld up.fab new bracket to go on top off the stock one just high enough that the bottom of control arm bolt will be even with the top of frame rail. any higher will be a waste and cause to much roll steer. most important is be sure the measurements are correct before u weld bracket on car. hope that helps it not as bad as sounds to do. it take a whole car working to be fast not just one thing

Racer96m
11-14-2013, 08:49 PM
Unless you really have a good handle on what you are trying to accomplish, let me give you a piece of free advice from someone who knows. Leave the frame mounts alone, and dont mess with the length of the lower arms either. These adjustments send 95% of the people into left field. I had stock mounting locations on the frame and stock length lower trailing arms, and we did just fine. Just my .02

Dave

a1driver
11-15-2013, 08:53 PM
to really have this work the spring needs to be moved ahead of the housing