PDA

View Full Version : Bert, Brinn or Falcon?

Krooser
11-19-2013, 05:46 PM
My son's new midwest mod is set-up for a PG… not sure what direction he wants to go but, if he switches to a two speed, which is better? And why?

Thanks.

Confused?
11-19-2013, 07:32 PM
I don't have any experiance with a Bert so I won't comment on that one. The other two, I would take a Brinn, any day, over a Falcon. The Brinn goes into gear easier and does not use an intermediate shaft between the coupler and the transmission. The Falcon does. The input shaft for the Brinn is built into the tranny rather than an after thought.

jsf74
11-19-2013, 09:28 PM
They all do the same thing. A Bert and brinn are pretty close with the falcon being last. I have a Bert but a brinn is much easier to rebuild.

Dirtracer50
11-19-2013, 10:21 PM
I agree with jsf74. I have owned and rebuilt all three and by far the Bert is the toughest one to rebuild. The falcon and Brinn are both very simple to rebuild. If I had to go out and buy a new transmission it would probably be the falcon because of the price and I've never had a problem with one. My car currently has a Bert in it and I'm happy with it as well.

Krooser
11-19-2013, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the responses… I do appreciate the help.

donmod
11-20-2013, 07:19 AM
Bob Pierce told me he runs Bert trans because they are two inches shorter so you get less drive shaft angle..? makes sense!

Krooser
11-20-2013, 07:04 PM
Good point...

racin6mod
11-20-2013, 07:46 PM
I rebuild and repair all three here at my shop and find the Brinn is a tuffer trany and like listed above shifts smoother. the longer tail shaft makes for a shorter drive shaft (less rotating mass and less torque loss) you left out the Race gater a copy of the Brinn they're still pretty new to the market but I haven't seen any bad reports on them yet.

Brinn Transmissions
11-21-2013, 10:40 AM
We also like to pride ourselves on our technical support and customer service. We are happy to help you over the phone, via email or through our facebook page. Our transmissions may be a few more dollars up front, but they are the best value over the lifetime of the product. We have low recurring costs due to the fact that our transmissions are strong and durable and require very little maintenance. Thank you all for your support!

Confused?
11-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Told by someone who runs a Gator, replace the clutch pack with a set from a Brinn and it's a good tranny. They fit without any modifying.

racin6mod
11-21-2013, 10:42 PM
confused how was the casting most castings from china seem brittle and thin but as I said I haven't had one in the shop yet.

Confused?
11-22-2013, 05:26 PM
I didn't see it. The guy that told me this was the one who rebuilt it.