PDA

View Full Version : front end

fastfreddy
11-22-2013, 07:29 PM
got a mod didnt have upper a arms mounted. so how do you determine what angle and were to mount a arms. would like to run 11 inch on left and 10 on right. do you run the arms the same angle as lowers. i no people talk about loosing and gaining camber. i have had people tell me set caster and camber and weld so they clear shock ...... going nuts last thing on car before i paint it ... help would be nice or some lead way to a start.

Confused?
11-22-2013, 07:39 PM
Not trying to offend, but you really need somebody close to you to come and help. There is a ton of important info for building a working frontend. Upper a-frame angles are only a small part of it. I would strongly suggest getting some books on suspensions and study them. Also seach the internet.

jsf74
11-22-2013, 09:20 PM
OMG please have this done by someone who knows whats supposed to happen in the front of these cars. i bought my car with the wrong uppers and being a rookie last year didnt know anything. i had nothing but problems until i had the right stuff.

1Blacksheep
11-24-2013, 05:09 PM
Call the Cat that built it and have him set you up. You could do it yourself but it takes a lot of time in study and elbo grease.

clbaker25x
11-25-2013, 08:06 AM
What stub is it, where are you located?

fastfreddy
11-30-2013, 08:39 PM
its metric and richmond indiana and i no its gong to take alot of time to do but i want to learn and no what im doing in case front end gets crashed

RaceMentally
12-01-2013, 08:23 AM
Whose chassis is this? Metric we've had a lot of success with an 8" on the right and 10" left. I have pics of a few pierce chassis, D&M, and GRT for mounting locations. The pierce to me seemed like it worked the best. We ran the RU at 11* and LU at 22* Hopefully you already threw some Novas under the front end. There are a few other measurements needed as well. Are these 3 piece, heimed solid upper, or nylon sleeve upper solid a arm?

fastfreddy
12-01-2013, 10:13 AM
ok i have ub lowers and the chassie is my own. built on jig. had alot of imput from car builders. but every one thinks they have the perfect front end. as far as uppers yes they are solid heims. with metris spindles (easy to come by) just needed input from racers that have tried everything.thanks for all the info people . now hope i can put it all together and make it work .

RaceMentally
12-01-2013, 03:21 PM
post up some pics of the chassis.