PDA

View Full Version : Shipping and payment options

newguy
11-23-2013, 09:12 AM
I live out west and am interested in a car in Iowa, there is no way with my work schedule to go and get it my self, however I don't really feel comfortable sending thousands of dollars to someone I don't know, 2 different times people have tried scamming me on craigslist. are there options available ? Or is it just a gamble? Also can anyone recommend a shipping company?

RACEMAN
11-23-2013, 12:59 PM
Is this a payment problem or a credible vender problem? If it's a payment problem you might try PayPal. Lots of security in place there.

If you are talking several thousand dollars it sounds like you need a personal representative on site to look after your interests.

racin6mod
11-23-2013, 06:47 PM
you might look into uship.com it's a transport for hire site.

TALON75
11-24-2013, 04:49 AM
I have had good luck with Reliable trucking, last car we got from NC to Cali for about 1 dollar a mile. If you are patient and can schedule ahead and allow more transport time the price is better, and I do not believe you will find anyone with better service . I have used Uship.com also but you have to be more careful with who you choose and read comments on the shipper.