PDA

View Full Version : 2004 black rocket weight?

AmickRacing
11-24-2013, 11:02 PM
I know what mine weighs, I'm a bit curious what it should weight though, because it seems crazy heavy.

Steel block / headed motor. I ran a buddies motor, it had a little M block and aluminum heads, my stock stuff was withing 5-10 lbs of that motor.

I have an older winters QC, but not ancient (alum tubes, gun drilled axles), dry sump, integra canister shocks scaloped rotors, 5 bolt hubs, not a ton of trick light weight stuff, but not really heavy stuff. I typically scale with 15 gal of fuel, I'm a bigger driver, around 260-270...

With no lead on the car, luckily my percentages balance out pretty dang close, but man this thing is heaaaaavy! I'm pushing the upper end of 2400, after a race with 20 gal of fuel, not much mud hanging off the car I was over 2500.

Seems like this thing is 100-200 lbs heavy to me. No doubt I could help the cause out some, and am trying, but I don't think I can lose 200 lbs lol.

To make matters worse, I was running a 10" setback, but the new WISSOTA rules, I'm going to the 6" setback, so I'll likely be hanging some lead, or running more fuel to get my rear % back up where it should be...

Anyone have some idea what this should weigh? Or what I could possibly be missing that's causing it to be so dang heavy?

7uptruckracer
11-25-2013, 06:54 AM
Thats probably not far off with your parts and your weight its based on I think a 200 lbs driver so you take that 60 to 70 away and know a few pounds with light weight parts and your right there. I'm 160 lbs and we were in the high 2300 scaled out with probably a little lighter parts but not the best of the best in light weight stuff and we ran 55.5 left and 54.5 rear and only ran one 25 lbs door bar piece to make weight