PDA

View Full Version : fastboy stup yes or no

pageracing
12-03-2013, 12:44 AM
im building a clip car with a 2010 materbuilt rear and camaro front clip have to weigh 3000 pounds racing on a hard sandy track by the end of the night and i have to run a leaf rear. what is the best setup for me?

pageracing
12-03-2013, 06:27 PM
doesent have to be a fastboy just a good start for setup would help i race in sc

racerm146
12-11-2013, 06:40 AM
I like the fastboys style setup. Won a lot of races on a short ,slick track.

hakuld
12-12-2013, 09:53 PM
couldnt get fastboys to work for me car was always loose on a slick track,would loose arch in lr spring in 1 race then no bite,had a special leaf made with xtra ply for left rear n ply running clear under eye still loose at exit with 275 lr bite n on rough track would whip you all around finally went back to locked down rr with parabolic leafs with half leafs added to front of springs n got fast and competitive again,couldnt get fast boys to work for me spent half a season chasing it,till i finally give up and went back to what used to work,couldnt keep the arch in standard lr spring with fastboys setup so gave up,parabolic landrum single leafs always worked good for me on dry slick with high left rear bite 225 lr 200 rr 1000 lf 1200 rf on real slick tracks less rf spring on tracks not slick or car wont turn on entry for me as low as 950rf on semi tacky tracks trial and error till you find what works for you