PDA

View Full Version : shackles or sliders

brian-micheal
12-06-2013, 02:55 PM
what is better on slick tracks and some rear spring pounds been out of racing for a while son is getting in it with a camero 8 inch racing tires,9 inch this is leaf spring sliders i am asking abiut thanks

RaceMentally
12-06-2013, 03:22 PM
what is better on slick tracks and some rear spring pounds been out of racing for a while son is getting in it with a camero 8 inch racing tires,9 inch this is leaf spring sliders i am asking abiut thanksSlider right and floated if rules permit along with shackle left with a multi point location along frame to change reaction time of hike and also variable length for amount of cross to add and speed to react.

brian-micheal
12-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Have to run one or the other what you recommend

brian-micheal
12-08-2013, 11:00 AM
And what is the best way to install 2x2 rear clip

DaveBauerSS6
12-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Slider right and floated if rules permit along with shackle left with a multi point location along frame to change reaction time of hike and also variable length for amount of cross to add and speed to react.

Mental, I consider the advice of floating bad without some kind of disclaimer. Sounds like a weight loss walker being told to climb Mt Everest. The op is just getting started again, and sounds like limited driving skills. I've ran the floater and was 1/2 second faster than the field in qualifying, but found it difficult to get smooth laps before it was outlawed. I haven't found anyone to consistently run well with it. Tech help is limited. Good easy, safe suggestions are more helpful. Been on this difference of opinion before, but I think I am right.

Don't misunderstand me, I do well (so far) with a leaf spring IMCA Stock Car and am starting on a IMCA N Sport Mod with leafs.

Do you cover the floater in your class?

Just for the record.... Are you/related to Dyno?

DaveBauerSS6
12-08-2013, 03:08 PM
And for the record , I agree with the rest of your suggestions.

DaveBauerSS6
12-08-2013, 03:13 PM
And what is the best way to install 2x2 rear clip
I use 2x3. This holds the car and rear spring point. Cut it just behind the shock tower.The 2x3 slips int the existing box , then duplicate the existing stamped frame shape wise.

RaceMentally
12-08-2013, 10:25 PM
Mental, I consider the advice of floating bad without some kind of disclaimer. Sounds like a weight loss walker being told to climb Mt Everest. The op is just getting started again, and sounds like limited driving skills. I've ran the floater and was 1/2 second faster than the field in qualifying, but found it difficult to get smooth laps before it was outlawed. I haven't found anyone to consistently run well with it. Tech help is limited. Good easy, safe suggestions are more helpful. Been on this difference of opinion before, but I think I am right.Don't misunderstand me, I do well (so far) with a leaf spring IMCA Stock Car and am starting on a IMCA N Sport Mod with leafs. Do you cover the floater in your class?Just for the record.... Are you/related to Dyno?Dry slick floating rr is the best thing he could do for a novice driver otherwise he will struggle with grip. Tacky lock em up. I have 2 leaf drivers currently I do this with and even though the skills aren't there they hold their own in dry slick conditions because thy do not over drive the car and have plenty of drive on exit. Tacky we lock them up and decrease cross in the car. We also slide 100-150 lbs from left to right practice, heat and feature. If you're asking if I am related to dynoman the answer would be no. I hope that was not an attempt to suggest I'm like some of the so called "trolls" I've read about on this site.

DaveBauerSS6
12-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Dry slick floating rr is the best thing he could do for a novice driver otherwise he will struggle with grip. Tacky lock em up. I have 2 leaf drivers currently I do this with and even though the skills aren't there they hold their own in dry slick conditions because thy do not over drive the car and have plenty of drive on exit. Tacky we lock them up and decrease cross in the car. We also slide 100-150 lbs from left to right practice, heat and feature. If you're asking if I am related to dynoman the answer would be no. I hope that was not an attempt to suggest I'm like some of the so called "trolls" I've read about on this site.

We agree to disagree. Cool. Thats what makes a horse race.

No on the troll deal; I would make it clearer if I felt so.

You have similar traits as dyno.

And your class?

DANNY
12-09-2013, 06:26 AM
We can float then on the west coast and pretty much they all have em locked up. As Dave said it's too unpredictable lap to lap thus causing more trouble then helping. Most guys run the Chrysler leafs and "work" em but that's another deal all together. *WINK WINK* :)

Find a guy that runs/ran them and is willing to teach you as it's better to see it then read it and you'll be unstoppable. JMO

brian-micheal
12-09-2013, 02:14 PM
what do you mean by floating is there pic or the sliders you by from day or speedwat with the bearings or nylon bushing

RaceMentally
12-09-2013, 03:02 PM
what do you mean by floating is there pic or the sliders you by from day or speedwat with the bearings or nylon bushing There are brackets you can buy to do it. Usually we just grease them. We also slide leaf packs for and aft depending on how much pinion wrap we want. If dry slick I strongly recommend floating the rr and be smooth. There is nothing I enjoy more than watching a driver who has no comprehension of being a dry slick driver.

RaceMentally
12-09-2013, 03:03 PM
We can float then on the west coast and pretty much they all have em locked up. As Dave said it's too unpredictable lap to lap thus causing more trouble then helping. Most guys run the Chrysler leafs and "work" em but that's another deal all together. *WINK WINK* :) Find a guy that runs/ran them and is willing to teach you as it's better to see it then read it and you'll be unstoppable. JMO Most guys have them floated (that know what theyre doing) Danny.

dereksehi
12-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Not everyone can float their leaf springs ie IMCA Northern Sportmod which is what i race