PDA

View Full Version : appleton 3.4 seal kit

rwarren55
12-13-2013, 06:04 PM
what seal kit is needed for my rack. it looks to be leaking from the larger cylinder in front of the servo and are these fairly easy to change?

m_stagev
12-15-2013, 08:11 AM
what seal kit is needed for my rack. it looks to be leaking from the larger cylinder in front of the servo and are these fairly easy to change?

if you mean the slave cylinder in front of the rack you can get seals at any industrial seal warehouse that is what I do. we have a place called allied seal and it cost me around 4.00 for all of them.

DRTRCR22
01-06-2014, 12:39 AM
m_stagev, by any chance can you give me the brand make and part or size numbers for those seals...? I know the Appleton seal kit pn is 7010710 and I was going to call them in the morning to order one, but they are over $40. I got it apart and it appears to me to be just O-rings and one rod wiper, so if I can save a ton of money on them at the local bearing seal house I will, but it would be nice to have the part numbers or something...? maybe you got the old receipt laying around...? Thanks, Jim

DRTRCR22
01-06-2014, 12:46 AM
rwarren55, it sounds like you are asking about the 'slave cylinder' in front of the rack...? Because the rack itself has no fluid running thru it unless it is leaking into the housing from the front pinion seal of servo valve, in which case, DO NOT attempt to rebuild the servo valve...! From everything I have been reading and finding out, there is a special assembly process to get it back together correctly (something about drilling something out and realigning it...?) otherwise the valve will not work correctly and will pull and lock down from side to side...? I would just send it is to Appleton in Illinois to get it rebuilt properly. But the slave cylinder appears to be a simple rebuild...? the Appleton slave cylinder seal kit part number is 7010710