PDA

View Full Version : Brake caliper opinions

Dirt36
12-16-2013, 02:39 PM
Looking for opinions!
Don't have the cash to order a new set of brembos or brakeman zero drag calipers at the moment, all I have ever ran is the standard superlight but understand the benefits of zero drag brakes. I do however have a choice, the car I just brought came with wildwood dynalites on it (appear in great shape) but I have a nice set of outlaws 3000/4000 calipers in the shop from a buy out. Which is the preferred set to run as far as drag, weight savings, and durability are concerned? Thanks for any input!

fastford
12-16-2013, 08:23 PM
there both good, but I have had very good luck with outlaws, matter of fact, that's what's on my car now.

SS Motorsports
12-17-2013, 11:20 AM
Have used both and never had a problem with either brand, the dynamite's will save some weight though.

Dirt36
12-17-2013, 03:07 PM
I really appreciate your inputs, I may just do some testing with both next season. Are there any other option out there for zero drag calipers? That will be my next major upgrade, PFC's look good but require their own caliper mount and pads.

hucktyson
12-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Save your money , the only people running that stuff and winning are the ones who get it free ... It's a block of aluminum, a sealing ring and a piston. If that stuff were an advantage it would be on every Lucas and woo car and it's not