PDA

View Full Version : Birdcage replacement

Matt49
12-19-2013, 06:19 PM
I understand the birdcages for a smackdown and a Gen-x are not the same but I'm unclear on what exactly is different between them. I'm wondering if a bolt-together, modular unit like the TWM could just have a component or two changed out to make them right. I'm guessing maybe just the body/tube part. Anybody mess with this?

hucktyson
12-19-2013, 06:46 PM
The gen x uses a wider cage like a rocket car. It depends on the cages some can have parts changed out in expensively but some your better off just buying new ones and selling the old ones

hucktyson
12-19-2013, 06:47 PM
I can give you exact measurements on the gen x cage tomorrow if you need

Matt49
12-19-2013, 08:49 PM
I can give you exact measurements on the gen x cage tomorrow if you need

I may get some measurements from you but I'm also going to call TWM. Having dealt with him before, he seems to shoot pretty straight. If it's just a matter of replacing barrels or something, it has to be cheaper even considering what I would get for the used old ones.

brashley
12-20-2013, 07:26 AM
If you have a smackdown the left side from a gen x will work but the right side gen x is too wide. I tried making it work earlier in this year.I have a TWM set for both if you need measurements or pictures side by side.

larryh98
12-28-2013, 08:33 PM
what if you have gen extra that has a smack tail on it. then should you use all smack rear on it.