PDA

View Full Version : Nova lowers on a metric

twisterf5
12-21-2013, 12:03 PM
what are you guy doing about the wheel base gain when running the nova lowers. i have always tried to stay around 108 but putting these on my car is pushing it to 110.1/2 are you running it that long or are you shortening the rear bars. if you are shortening the bar how short is to short. right now i am at 15/17 on right side. thanks for any info.

HEAVY DUTY
12-21-2013, 01:37 PM
You just have to run the longer wheelbase. If you shorten the rear bars it will mess a lot of things up. ( driveshaft lengths, pinion angle, 72" motor setback rule, panhard bar clearance, shock angles) The nova stuff should add about 1 5/8 to 1 3/4" to the wheelbase.

glover11
12-21-2013, 05:36 PM
the best time to run nova lowers is when your building the chassis, every thing is taking into consideration then.

twisterf5
12-22-2013, 05:35 AM
the best time to run nova lowers is when your building the chassis, every thing is taking into consideration then.this is a brand new car. still on the jig.but it is a chassis that we have one over a 150 wins with. but if we did stay with the nova lowers wouldn't that put more weight on the rear wheels by moving the wheel forward. cant change the frame as it is jigged but i have moved the buckets and am going to mount the upper to match the lowers.

HEAVY DUTY
12-22-2013, 11:44 AM
this is a brand new car. still on the jig.but it is a chassis that we have one over a 150 wins with. but if we did stay with the nova lowers wouldn't that put more weight on the rear wheels by moving the wheel forward. cant change the frame as it is jigged but i have moved the buckets and am going to mount the upper to match the lowers.

Yes you will gain rear percentage.