PDA

View Full Version : TNT vs Smackdown

Wade74
12-30-2013, 07:17 PM
I was looking at buying an 06 TNT chassis, I already own a 07 smack down chassis and was wondering the pros and cons of the TNT cars

latemodel86
01-02-2014, 10:04 PM
I drove a 2006 TNT and had good success with it. Was a very good car and I ran it in crate (602). I had a friend who also had a 2007 TNT that ran super with it and did very well with it and helped us with our car and setup. The car seems to be consistent. Every week, you know what it's going to do. The only con I would say is that calling TNT for help. My dad did this part of the deal back when we raced and he said one day Tony would pick up the phone and then another day, Jensen (Tony's son who races the house TNT) will pick up. If I'm not misunderstanding, he said that they both have different answers to the same question. However, when I've called, Tony picks the phone up and is great help. Very easy guy to talk to, very informative and always had an answer to my questions. He let's you speak everything that you need to before he gives his opinon. I've met a lot of guys in the past that when you're at the track, you're trying to tell them what the car is doing and what you want it to do and they don't let you finish a sentence before they start giving their opinion. Tony is the opposite and that's what I want in a car builder. I've only seen TNT ran in the southeast region and they've all done well. It's definitely a good car and some of them are real close to Rockets and GRTs which could also be considered a pro. Overall, if the price is right and it's a good car, I'd personally go for it. I hope this helps you out and good luck.
Here's a video of our 06 TNT from when we raced a few years back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH0xcIc8_uI