PDA

View Full Version : Mixing leaf springs and bars?

OnTheStruts
01-02-2014, 02:23 PM
Anyone tried a leaf (multi) left and bars on the right? (4 bar, swingarm, z-link)? Think this could work?

Dirtrunner35
01-02-2014, 03:37 PM
anyone tried a leaf (multi) left and bars on the right? (4 bar, swingarm, z-link)? Think this could work?

why would you want to ?

HEAVY DUTY
01-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Yes it will, but it takes a lot of thought to get the rear to steer with out binding the leaf springs ( they cant twist with the rear) It is also hard on the leaf from the side forces. With that being said, I don't think you will go out and beat the good bar cars.

stockcar5
01-02-2014, 06:50 PM
one car at my local tracks runs that setup and does well. usually picks up a few feature wins per year.

cheaterleaddog
01-02-2014, 09:17 PM
one car at my local tracks runs that setup and does well. usually picks up a few feature wins per year.

That would be a 1-2 leaf spring finish on one of those occasions James Slawson/Mark Noble both on leaf springs. I believe they were both in pro chassis cars also.

dirt88
01-17-2014, 04:57 AM
A guy at my local track ran this stack leafs on lr z link on rr & was super fast won like 14 straight features they finally told him to change it or dont bring it back lol

dirtrace09
01-17-2014, 10:33 AM
Why would they tell him to not come back? Yes it works very well when the right rear is floated on with the z link or swingarm. It gives you the ability to counteract the leaf moving backwards under throttle. You must stay on top of the leaf springs though as they wear out very quickly when put under the load they are in. Another way to make this setup work well is with a straight panhard bar.