PDA

View Full Version : Ray Cook Heads to Talladega Short Track to Kick Off 2014 Season in Ice Bowl!

DelphComm
01-03-2014, 10:54 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

January 3, 2014

Ray Cook Heads to Talladega Short Track to Kick Off 2014 Season in Ice Bowl!

(BRASSTOWN, NORTH CAROLINA) As he has for the past five seasons, Ray Cook is slated to kick off his 2014 campaign this weekend (January 4-5) in the annual running of the ‘Ice Bowl’ at the Talladega Short Track in Eastaboga, Alabama. After only about a month off from racing action since the completion of his 2013 season, Ray will compete in both the Super Late Model and the Crate Late Model divisions at TST this weekend. While Ray will field his own #53 MasterSbilt entry in the Crate Late Model portion of the program, the Brasstown, North Carolina standout will jump behind the wheel of a Pope Construction sponsored Bloomquist racecar for car owner Tommy Pope in the Super Late Model event.

“I always look forward to opening up our season at the Ice Bowl; hopefully, the weather will cooperate and they can get the show in on schedule,” quoted Cook earlier this week. “I have to thank Tommy Pope and Pope Construction for their support and giving me the opportunity to drive their Super Late Model this weekend. They have come on board as a sponsor for both my personal team and the MasterSbilt House Car in 2014 and I look forward to working with them throughout the year. We went and tested their 2006 Bloomquist car the other day at Boyd’s and were pretty pleased with how the car felt, so hopefully I can get the Pope Construction team in victory lane this weekend!”

The action at Talladega Short Track will heat up on Saturday with qualifying and heat races for both the Super Late Model and Crate Late Model divisions, while the consolation races and the feature events for both classes are scheduled for Sunday. A $6,000 top prize is on the line for the Super Late Models, while the Crate Late Models will race for a $3,000 winner’s purse. Additional information concerning the ‘Ice Bowl’ weekend can be found online at www.talladegashorttrack.com.

Ray is a two-time winner of the ‘Ice Bowl,’ as he recorded the prestigious $6,000 victory in both 2009 and 2012. The popular driver known as the “Tarheel Tiger” was also strong during the 2013 edition of the ‘Ice Bowl,’ as Ray claimed a seventh place finish in the Super Late Model and a fourth place effort in the Crate Late Model last year.

Ray Cook would like to thank all of his supporters including: MasterSbilt Race Cars, Race Engine Design, Jay D1ckens Racing Engines, A+ Moving and Storage Company, Pope Construction, K&N Filters, PRC Racing, Real Racing Wheels, Keyser Manufacturing Co., Bill Elliott Racing, James Cook Construction, Bert Transmissions, Brodix Cylinder Heads, Chizmark & Larson Insurance Agency, DBR Starters, Delph Communications, Demon Carburetors, Eibach Springs, FK Rod Ends, Frankland Racing Supply, GW Performance, Hoosier Racing Tires, Integra Shocks, ISC Racers Tape, JB Performance, Mason Racin', MSD Ignition, Peterson Fluid Systems, PPM Racing Products, Schaeffer’s Racing Oil, Scott Performance Wire, Stealth Carburetors, Sweet Mfg., T&D Machine, TurboStart Batteries, VP Racing Fuels, Wiles Driveshafts, and Wilwood.

For the latest news and schedule information concerning the #53 team, feel free to visit their official Internet home at www.RayCook53.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.DelphCommunications.com