PDA

View Full Version : What shocks work best on 2003 Rocket

westlingracing
01-03-2014, 02:20 PM
I have a 2003 Black front rocket and I am looking to get a new set of shocks. What are some opinions on what brands work the best. Ohlin's, Integra, Advanced. etc... Thanks!

hucktyson
01-03-2014, 03:20 PM
Penske is the most technologically advanced stuff on the market , however the lesser brands may have more baseline info to give you. I still say Penske

Matt49
01-03-2014, 05:26 PM
You can pretty much get any brand to do what you want but don't just buy shocks and bolt them on. Establish a relationship with a good shock guy in your area, see what they recommend, what works for your budget, and go from there. Aside from educating yourself, aligning with a good shock guy is about the best money you can spend these days.
If you're working with an older car, I'm guessing you are just starting out and/or on a smaller budget.
If that's the case, don't get too carried away on double adjustable shocks. Keep it simple until you figure out the rest of the setup world. You can quickly tune yourself OUT of the ballpark with shocks if you are new to the game.

westlingracing
01-03-2014, 08:39 PM
Thanks! We have been racing for over 20 years and always put our money in other area's and got a great deal on a turn key lightly raced rocket and had to go with it. We have been running pierce chassis and just haven't messed with rocket stuff. Thanks for your input ill look into penske and already got a shock guy lined up to talk with.