PDA

View Full Version : Containment seats

adamsraceshocks
01-08-2014, 10:17 AM
I am helping a friend build a new sportsman modified, and am wondering what everyone is running for seats? Kirkey, Ultrashield, Butler Built? Is the extra support worth the difficulty getting in and out, cost?

7uptruckracer
01-08-2014, 10:56 AM
Most any car isn't the easiest to get out with the head and neck systems on I really like Lajoies Seats and Untrashields Halo Seats its worth the cost if you get hurt....

stockcar5
01-08-2014, 11:52 AM
Ultrashield VS halo seat here. The left side head support is fairly short.

Sportmod Rookie
01-08-2014, 01:46 PM
I have the Ultrashield VS Halo seat as well. Nice piece and cheaper then most.

MM90
01-08-2014, 04:10 PM
LaJoie is well worth it if you can afford one. Have the Ultrashield VS Halo now. I have the one with the full back cover and it still needs a little more padding, but that is my only gripe about it.

Lizardracing
01-10-2014, 01:34 PM
Some will tell you the padding deadens the driver feel. After all, the seat is a connection to your butt from the wheels.

RACEMAN
01-11-2014, 04:55 PM
"Is the extra support worth the difficulty getting in and out, cost?"

You're joking, right? Apparently you and your friend don't believe his life is worth all that much.

After hanging around and participating in this sport since '90 I find it hard to believe there are still "racers" out there that can't commit themselves to the best possible safety practices and equipment available.

adamsraceshocks
01-11-2014, 11:51 PM
Not sure if you have been watching but the amount of money to be spent on safety equipment has no bounds. Containment seats are not common in our area or class I was simply trying to see what everyone elses experience was with the products. Safety is very important to us, but being able to get out is still a safety factor, we cant afford to spend money on part a when part b can do the job as good or better for half the cost...

JCSullivan00
01-12-2014, 04:40 PM
With the price of the Ultrashield, and the shortened left side headrest, I can't see any reason why you shouldn't get one. It's a very nice piece for the price.

rimrider19k
01-15-2014, 02:23 PM
I myself own a kirkey. I am very broad in the shoulders and they fit me the best.