PDA

View Full Version : putting in a rearend help

porkchop4
01-08-2014, 04:14 PM
Ok this my first time putting a rearend in a modified and I have a couple questions how exactly do you know where it should set and I'm running clamp on brackets since its a b mod and I how do I know where to put those any thing will help thanks

7uptruckracer
01-08-2014, 04:38 PM
What brand most manufacturers have setup sheets and build sheets

Confused?
01-08-2014, 05:15 PM
If you can't find any info for the car, I would start with measuring back from the midplate to set the front to rear. Then I would have both left sidehub faces lined up.

clbaker25x
01-09-2014, 08:09 AM
If it is a 2 link I would recommend downloading the JET racing setup manual if you don't have one from your manufacturer. It is pretty comprehensive with pictures, some of the measurements will be different for you (left to right, but the motorplate to rearend measurements will be good to go.

powerslide
01-09-2014, 10:50 AM
Put a degree finder on the bottom where the slider/shock bolts on the ginger bread man and get it at the same angle as when you place an angle finder on top of center section. So if you have the rearend set on a table zero out the pinion and then get the bottom at zero as well. Left to right you will have to put it in the car and see. If you have the clamp on style ginger bread man i would suggest welding just the top piece, if it bends you can unbolt it and put a new bottom piece on.