PDA

View Full Version : Blue/Grey Spindle

7uptruckracer
01-09-2014, 11:04 AM
I know Grey is the front holes and Blue is closer to the balljoint, I remember mark telling me in some cases they have recommended you stagger them, One will help turn in the other the opposite. If i wanted to help my cut zone couldn't I put the RF in Blue Position for less Ackermen to help turn in or is my thinking backwards. Its to cold for brains to work this early

Ghopper
01-09-2014, 03:50 PM
I know Grey is the front holes and Blue is closer to the balljoint, I remember mark telling me in some cases they have recommended you stagger them, One will help turn in the other the opposite. If i wanted to help my cut zone couldn't I put the RF in Blue Position for less Ackermen to help turn in or is my thinking backwards. Its to cold for brains to work this early

Shortening only the RF steering arm will: Increase Ackerman when turning Right, but decrease Ackerman when turning Left. This is because the RF will have a lower steering ratio than the LF, therefore steering faster.

So the real question: Do you want to decrease toe when turning left and then increase toe when turning right? I think on aggressive 1/4 mile tracks this drastic steering change can show benefits. In other cases I would go with a more traditionally similar steering arm length.

Ghopper

7uptruckracer
01-09-2014, 05:45 PM
HMMMM I think I'll stick with it I think they ran It staggered both ways depending on needs. Thanks for the info sounds like I'll stick with grey