PDA

View Full Version : Bigg Redd Comments on Winter Freeze IV 2014

HighMaintenance2007
01-10-2014, 05:15 PM
Race Fans & Competitors ,

After last years 2013 Winter Freeze, I told WoO that I would not
make drivers buy this 3 compound UMP - LM 20 - 30 - 40 tire that is only used
way off from Screven County Georgia .

WoO and Screven have always in past years had a open compound tire rule, with the exception of no treating. This tire rule has always given us great car counts in past WoO Events at Screven.

I made the exception last year, and I made it clear I wasn't going to do it
again, so it was MY decision to pull the plug.

My promoter called last week hoping that we could get their press release for their upcoming WoO 10th Anniversary Season Opener @Screven, and as of January 9th, we still haven`t seen who or what is going on. Only WoO website stuff from far back as Nov. 2013.

I got a call Jan 9th 2014 afternoon from WoO that the tire rule was gonna be Ump LM tires @ the Winter Freeze. As today, Jan 10th they did update their website of the cancellation of WoO @ Screven.

I have already told several racing teams that we were going back to common tire rule that is used by WoO throughout North America tracks, and what we have always used @.Screven during WoO outlaw events.

I am for the racer, I cant see making drivers buy tires that are not going to be used around here. Today's economy is tough, & I feel like drivers, (regional) will not support buying these tires they can only use up north, most regional are only planning but running Screven during the Speed Weeks.

It is a shame for some fans that was hoping to see their favorite WoO driver compete @Screven. Maybe we will lose some teams maybe not, maybe we go over the 39 from 2013 , but drivers know that I am a man of my word,

The guaranteed money, and Screven being a place that produces side by side racing action & is easy on the engines and a chance of a possible first time winner for $10 grand should make for a great weekend

The Winter Freeze opens my 18th season of racing since I built the track. We have 3 practice sessions scheduled Jan 25, Feb 1, & Feb 6. We have asphalt pit parking available .

We have 2 -$10,000 win Super Late Model races, 2 Screven Late Model races and 2 Super street shootout races on tap, plus early saturday with Go Karts battling on our Gamec o c k Kart Track

We have our own team that is gonna live stream it so,

No Matter Where your sitting you can watch it live.

Kelcar Motorsports that handles the NDRL will be officiating the Winter Freeze,so we want drivers to know yes it is open compound, but winning tires will be sent off for testing for treating.

Kelcar Motorsports will be teching and Kelly Carlton will be on the race monitor directing.

Rick Eshelman will be calling the action as always and Dirt Hall of Famer Larry Moore is tentatively scheduled to call the action LIVE FROM THE PITS team for team during qualifying and racing from a technical point of view on our web live streaming of Winter Freeze IV

Screven is already in talks with NDRL races coming for this 2014 season. Ray Cooks Southern Nationals are scheduled for July 26 at our Annual ' Rebel Yell '

Hope to see all of our loyal fans and drivers for our WINTER FREEZE 2014.

The pay for view will be on the SMSC Netcast Network

Dial it up at www.ScrevenMotorSportsComplex.com

Thanks for your words of support, and let`s have a great Winter Freeze IV !

- Redd

jrkracing54
01-10-2014, 06:20 PM
I will be there for the first time with my NLMS car participating. Really looking forward to it as well. I wish the WOO guys would be there but I certainly understand what Redd is trying to do. John 1*

AugustinaAlley
01-11-2014, 01:07 AM
That event's definitely gonna be a big one. Looks like i am gonna miss it this year. Do post the pics out here.

44-19-21-39
01-11-2014, 08:20 AM
I don't have a race car, but i'll be there both nights to watch whoever wants to show up and I plan on bringing at least 5 people with me. Don't need no stinkin WoO boohoo'rs anyway. This might even make 3 open seats for the WoO Finals that I may not order. Redd don't put up with their crap. Your track has the best side by side dirt racing in the South and the best Pork Chop Sandwich anywhere period. Less than a month away, already have the gloves and ski mask bagged for the event.