PDA

View Full Version : 2brl build ??

DMR29
01-18-2014, 09:22 AM
Want an opinion on a comb my rules are 363ci at 11:1.1 comp,steel head, flat tappet cam and 500 cfm 2brl. I have an old motor thinking of breathing life back to. It is 3.905 bore at 3.750 stroke with 5.7 rod. I have been toying with putting it together and giving it a shot what do you think? I have for heads either a older set of bowties or a set of vortec heads. I think this could be a good little motor on a 2brl on dirt. Let me know what you think and maybe a recomendation on a cam thanks for looking!

DaveBauerSS6
01-19-2014, 11:15 PM
Want an opinion on a comb my rules are 363ci at 11:1.1 comp,steel head, flat tappet cam and 500 cfm 2brl. I have an old motor thinking of breathing life back to. It is 3.905 bore at 3.750 stroke with 5.7 rod. I have been toying with putting it together and giving it a shot what do you think? I have for heads either a older set of bowties or a set of vortec heads. I think this could be a good little motor on a 2brl on dirt. Let me know what you think and maybe a recomendation on a cam thanks for looking!

Its hard to beat free.
I would try it with the vortec heads, get them shaved and a thin head gasket. Get a cam with a lot of duration for the top end ;That stroke and the vortecs should have good torque for the corners.