PDA

View Full Version : Older Rocket cars running fast?

LLOYD-XMAS
01-19-2014, 05:51 PM
Just curious what you guys think they are doing. Seems like I keep hearing some of these guys are in older blue cars and real fast. Does Rocket have a new style blue spindle or are they doing something in the rearend to wake these cars up? Has to be something someone figured out because everyone used to complain about these cars like crazy.

bb14
01-19-2014, 06:23 PM
It's two things:
1. The fast guys have the right shock package
2. Not everybody is fast in a Rocket.

There's two ways to skin a cat. I know two different national guys that have won Crown Jewels. One swears he was never as soft as the Rocket book and the other is very soft on the RF.

The common denominator is the driver. The reason the top guys win every week is their superior ability. There is no magic set-up. Moyer, Bloomquist, Francis, Owens, etc are as good as advertised. Even in the same cars 99.9% cannot keep up.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-19-2014, 06:56 PM
Old or new, there are a ton of blue cars out there running fast.

MADCAPRACING22
01-20-2014, 01:28 PM
It's two things:
1. The fast guys have the right shock package
2. Not everybody is fast in a Rocket.

There's two ways to skin a cat. I know two different national guys that have won Crown Jewels. One swears he was never as soft as the Rocket book and the other is very soft on the RF.

The common denominator is the driver. The reason the top guys win every week is their superior ability. There is no magic set-up. Moyer, Bloomquist, Francis, Owens, etc are as good as advertised. Even in the same cars 99.9% cannot keep up.

TRUE! I Agree!

2Tight
01-22-2014, 06:16 PM
Blue is a really good Crate/Steel car with the right shock deal as one said. Win Win! The orange is very nice also in steel if you know what you're doing, but for the lay person you can't go wrong w/ blue! Orange is great for higher hp cars.

let-r-eat
01-23-2014, 10:01 PM
You have to know what you need to go faster and be able to make it happen. Not everyone can drive a race car good enough to win. If they could, everyone would be winning and that's not gonna happen.