PDA

View Full Version : 3 link question

ModRacing1124
01-23-2014, 08:02 AM
Local track is starting to run Sportmods so I am switching over from a 4 bar both sides to 3 link. My question is how would it work if I just remove my upper bars and run the 3 link how I currently have it setup. I am clamped in front on the LR on a coil over, and right side spring is on housing and shock clamped in front. Biscuit type pull bar and straight panhard. Thanks for any input.

racinjj
01-23-2014, 08:09 AM
That will work but more than likely you will need to ad a bunch of angle to the left bar, 15*-20*.

clbaker25x
01-23-2014, 08:36 AM
Which sportmod rules are you guys running? If you run IMCA you have to have springs on top of rearend. Definitely agree with racinjj - more angle in lower link will be needed. Last year we had 45 degrees at full drop on our lower bar. Shocks we used were basically the same as a 4 bar setup.

zayden88@sbcglobal.net
01-23-2014, 10:47 AM
Do you guys recommended buying different birdcages or just locking current 4 bar ? Was told by a few that locking them up with bolts they tend to break pretty easy

racinjj
01-23-2014, 11:34 AM
I would personally take the floating birdcages off and sell them and buy sportmod specific mounts. I always put at least two 1" welds onto the housing to ensure the mount wont move. I have used the Wehrs mounts on some customer cars (weight is a little high with these mounts) and the mounts I make (light weight) as well because they are lighter. It comes down to what you are looking for, their are a lot of good options out now.

zayden88@sbcglobal.net
03-18-2014, 06:42 PM
What height springs and weight of springs are recommended on a 3 link metric chassis unknown