PDA

View Full Version : Ump deck rule

twisterf5
01-23-2014, 06:38 PM
our track just went to ump rules. are old rule was 32max front and 38max rear with 6 max rake . the rule now under ump the way i read it is the same but only 4'' rake. is this rule ever checked and are we going to have to drop the deck on our cars. and if they do check it how are they checking it. do they account for ride height change from front to rear. any info would help.

racin6mod
01-23-2014, 08:23 PM
we've been checked many times at the summer nat. races and never have they checked the deck height but they checked the he11 out of the spoiler,deck width,car width and for alum. parts front and rear and the seat belts.not much else

jonnywhoop52
03-05-2014, 08:17 PM
They all measure stuff different too. We got teched in Lawrenceburg they measure the width of the car from where the steering wheel is from outside to outside underneath the car, and as racin6mod said spoiler, and deck height which is normally a stick with tape on it (accuracy at its finest), although we've never been teched for aluminum parts I've heard of a lot of people getting checked. Other than that they don't check a whole lot. Oh another big thing they checked was the tire to quarter gap w/ driver has to be 2" I believe, but again I'm not sure how strict they are on that