PDA

View Full Version : Rear end damper shock

spray004
01-24-2014, 02:14 PM
I've got an '05 TNT that I bought this past fall. The previous owner has a damper shock mounted to the top of the rear end and the chassis. I haven't really seen this set up on other late models. Is this common or can someone explain why one would do this? We have a 5th and 6th coil on the lift bar as well.

grt74
01-24-2014, 02:45 PM
that used to be done alot,but with todays 5th coil shocks its just not needed anymore,it tightens entry a ton

spray004
01-24-2014, 02:54 PM
that used to be done alot,but with todays 5th coil shocks its just not needed anymore,it tightens entry a ton

Would it be better suited to be used as a LRF shock?

grt74
01-24-2014, 04:01 PM
depending on what you are doing it could be used there, most 5th coil shocks are rebound adjustable so you dont need a shock over the rear end,just make sure you know the valving so you know what your using,that way if you do use it somewhere and dont like it you know which way to go(food for thought)also make sure its a 9"shock if you use it on the lrf,good luck,hope i helped

Matt49
01-25-2014, 02:29 PM
depending on what you are doing it could be used there, most 5th coil shocks are rebound adjustable so you dont need a shock over the rear end,just make sure you know the valving so you know what your using,that way if you do use it somewhere and dont like it you know which way to go(food for thought)also make sure its a 9"shock if you use it on the lrf,good luck,hope i helped

And put a 2" extender on it if you're going to run it in front of the LR.